New York-Western

Reception Venues: Downtown Rochester vs. Finger Lakes

Hi Knotties!

Although the big day isn't until 2014, I am in the beginning stages of planning! My FH and I have been trying to figure out what type of reception venue to choose and it hasn't been easy. Our ceremony will be in a church in downtown Rochester and we will have a lot of out of town guests on both sides. We have discussed hotels as a reception space, but that can mean a lot of $$. We are open to the idea of Finger Lakes venues near Seneca Lake since that is the closest lake to Rochester.

I have some ideas written down: Rochester Radisson Riverside, Casa Larga, Rochester Plaza Hotel, Bristol Harbour, Artisan Works.  Anyone have any other recommendations?

Re: Reception Venues: Downtown Rochester vs. Finger Lakes

• Belhurst castle is beautiful and very reasonable. Very popular and gets booked up fast. In Rochester I really liked Marriott in Greece. I attended wedding there last year and was very impressed, because from the road that place doesn't look that special. I had my rehearsal dinner at Inn on Broadway. It's gorgeous, but pretty pricy.
  • I've been to wedding receptions at both Harro East Ballroom and the Rochester Club Ballroom, which are both downtown or close. They were both pretty spaces and the brides seemed to like them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rochester Radisson in beautiful- nice ballrooms.  Artisan works is very alternative and chic.  Just outside the city, the Doubletree Hotel in Henrietta is beautiful- I had a formal college dance held there.  Look into the public country clubs- Lakeshore C.C., Ridgemont C.C..  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My cousin and his wife had their wedding at Artisan Works and it was great. A very cool alternative to your typical banquet hall atmosphere.
  • Thanks so much! I spoke with my fiance and we have it narrowed down to Artisan Works, Radisson Riverside Hotel and Casa Larga. I think it will depend on the budget and the feel of the places when we visit. Artisan Works is our number one choice, but we will be open minded.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards