New York-Western
Options

Cake

With all the talk about cake I was wondering how much your cake is costing, how many layers , and how many will it feed, where you getting it from? If you ladies wouldn't mind sharing. I am starting the cake process soon. Thanks!
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Cake

• Options
    moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I paid $2.75 per slice at Sweet Beginnings in Kenmore.  Three tiers, and I believe it served about 110 (not including the top tier, which we saved in the freezer and ate at our one month "anniversary").  They have a lot of fun flavors and fillings (including funfetti), and you can do each tier a different flavor if you choose.  We had chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse on the bottom, white cake with raspberry jam in the middle, and raspberry swirl cake with chocolate mousse filling for the top.  They were all delicious (even our top tier after being frozen), and the bakers were very easy to work with.  I definitely recommend them.
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our cake from Muscoreil's in Tonawanda. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about them!  Their bakery was the 'real deal' like you see on TV- Showing room with tons of examples, cake tasting, and then the owner sketched our cake for us.  The cake was 4 tiers and fed 225 for $985. You can definitely go a lot cheaper there though, we picked more expensive options. We wanted something very modern and went with fondant, white almond cake with a raspberry mousse and purree filling. Everyone commented on how delicious and fresh and moist the cake was!  Also, the pieces of cake were a really good size, not like the almost see through slices I've been served at other weddings. They also make you a free top layer on your first anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards