New York-Western

Photo Locations in Rochester

Any suggestions for where to take wedding photos between the ceremony and reception in Rochester?  The ceremony is in Webster and the reception is in Rochester (Artisan Works on Blossom Road).

The wedding is in June so, as long as it's not raining, outside locations would work.

Re: Photo Locations in Rochester

• pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highland Park is absolutely beautiful! The Colgate Divinity School is right across the street and that has some pretty awesome picture spots too.
    Photobucket
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To piggyback on Highland Park, you can reserve the Sunken Gardens which are behind the Highland Bowl. I did all my prom pics there, SO pretty, but like I said, for weddings they usually like your to reserve it (and there might be a small fee since it's historic grounds).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at Mt. Hope Cemetery- sounds creepy but the pictures were so beautiful- and no grave stones in the background :-) There is a really pretty chapel, a fountian and a little gazebo- the sun comes through right over teh chapel and makes for amazing shots- plus it's free!
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • edited December 2011
    As a backup (in case it rains), you might want to think about getting a permit to shoot in the Monroe County Office Building. It's beautiful!
  • Lovebug416Lovebug416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Those were all great ideas!  I should have thought of Highland Park since I only live 5 minutes away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards