New York-Western

Statler

Hi Ladies - 
FI & I have been trying to finalize a reception venue and are hoping to put a deposit down this weekend.  With that being said, we have looked several places and have had positives and negatives about all of them.  We recently went to look at the Statler Terrace Room and loved it, but are a little skeptical since it is just re-opening so there isn't a ton of information available yet.. Just wondering if anyone else has looked at it as a possible reception venue since it re-opened and what everyone else thinks?
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Statler

• shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read in the newspaper that they aren't having their first wedding there until sometime in October. Maybe stay in contact with them until that first wedding and see what the reviews are. I know that guy who bought it is putting a lot of work into it . If I had known if was available this year, I would have looked into renting it myself! I'm sure if has to be beautiful in there and just that old-time feel it's supposed to have would be a great atmosphere for a wedding!

I would definitely keep an eye on it!
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I just went to look at it Wednesday. Sadly, it's totally out of our price range. A $7,000 food and drink minimum for the Georgian room (and we're only having ~75 people!). The building is gorgeous though. The lady who gave us the tour said that everything on the first two floors is expected to be done by New Year's Eve. Maybe keep an eye out to see how other events at the Statler go?

If we could afford it, it would definitely be a place we would consider. :)
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards