• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Western

Florists in Buffalo NY Area

Hi,
  My wedding is next year and I am trying to see if there are any good florists out there for me.  I have no idea what I want in regards to flowers and I am getting married in May.  So I have lots of options I would hope.  I saw Trillium last week and they were good.  But I want to be able to view a bouquet so that I can actually see what everything would look like together.  I was not able to do that last time.  Anywhere people could recommend for the Buffalo area?

Re: Florists in Buffalo NY Area

• We used A Blooming Place. Her prices were super reasonable - she works out of her home. Our flowers were gorgeous and I loved that she stayed until I walked down the aisle to make sure there were no issues. Highly recommend her. I have also had friends who used Flowers by Johnny and loved them. 
  • We're using Lipinoga in Clarence. I've had a great experience working with them thus far and they came up with great boquet options that were very reasonably priced. Our wedding isn't until October, but they're worth checking out!
  • We're using flowers by Johnny.... Tim is great!  He has lots of great ideas and he'll put together different bouquets to show you your options in person!!! I'm getting married next May as well.  We're going with mostly roses and peonies.
    Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maureen's Wholesale Flowershop (downtown buffalo).  She is out of this world fantastic.  I know very little about flowers, and had picked a couple photos of bouquets i liked the look of.  from that, and asking me about dresses, tuxes, location, etc to get a feel for my day, she says "ill be right back" and about 10 minutes later returned with a small bouquet of PERFECT flower options.  Seriously, it was everything i never knew i wanted and it looked awesome.

we talked about the flower options, and who needs what, and how to coordinate my bouquet with the BM without being too monotone, etc.  she was even helpful on suggesting what to use for our centerpieces since we're putting a flower underneath an upside down wine glass.  The overall price was very affordable, and she made suggestions on how we could use some of the ceremony decor at the reception to cut down on cost.

the best part?  That little bouquet was given to me as a parting gift so that i could "take photos of it and use it to coordinate other details".
  • Maureen's!!!!! 
  • Lipinoga!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As an aside, I had a less than pleasant experience with Maureen's. During my April break from work, I called around to make florist appointments. Lipinoga, and others, got me in right away, but I was told I would have to wait until late June for an appointment at Maureen's. The woman I spoke to on the phone was curt and unfriendly, and when I casually voiced my surprise that the wait was so long for an appointment, she gave me the equivalent of a "well, duh" response. From what I've heard, my experience is not the norm, but I wanted to throw it out there. 
  • Maureen's for sure. She created an amazing theme for me and her price was 1/3 the cost of everyone else I visited. Flowers By Johnny was amazing as well. They sent me home with so many ideas but in the end, my budget kept me with Maureen's.
  • We're using Lipinoga. We looked at A Blooming Place, too. I had no idea what I wanted for my bouquet and Liponoga gave me tons of ideas. A Blooming Place just took the ideas I had and didn't really offer any suggestions. Lipinoga was cheaper, because my ideas included orchids and Lipinoga created something pretty that didn't use them and A Blooming Place took my orchid idea and added a few things to it.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • @L&;J - I wonder if it depends on the type of flowers you choose? We also looked at Lipinoga and they quoted us $150 higher than A Blooming Place but for less stuff (no aisle runner, unity candle display, etc). We used peonies, freesia, and some other flowers. @LisaP, here is a pic of my bouquet if it helps at all (bridesmaid one in the background).I also talked to a friend recently who said she had a good experience w/ Floral Accents in North Tonawanda when she used them for her wedding. We had looked there as well but they quoted us high for what we asked for.

PS L&J your cake topper is adorable!
  • CowgirlK39CowgirlK39 member
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Florists in Buffalo NY Area:
    [QUOTE]As an aside, I had a less than pleasant experience with Maureen's. During my April break from work, I called around to make florist appointments. Lipinoga, and others, got me in right away, but I was told I would have to wait until late June for an appointment at Maureen's. The woman I spoke to on the phone was curt and unfriendly, and when I casually voiced my surprise that the wait was so long for an appointment, she gave me the equivalent of a "well, duh" response. From what I've heard, my experience is not the norm, but I wanted to throw it out there. 
    Posted by aimeek420[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I got when my mom and i went there. We walked in after being referred by a ton of people, and when we finally got someone's attention, she gave us that exact "duhh" type response. We told her what type of wedding I was having and instead of helping us, she showed us magazines they had and what ideas were in there,,,, but nothing related to flowers! I felt like saying "Yeah lady, no crap.... I KNOW what I want, just tell me how YOU do it!"

We are going with Town and Country Florist in Williamsville. As soon as I told Luke what my theme was he brought up a list of flowers he thought would work, and got out some perfect pictures of what he would suggest doing. He also asked that I send him pics of the ceremony site so he knew exactly what to do. Great people.
  • Count me as another offended Maureen's customer.  I called to make an appt, but the receptionist was so rude that I didn't bother going.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow.. now I am a little scared/nervous to go to Maureens.  We did go to Flowers by Nature in East Aurora and feel in love with the ideas that we had decided on if we go with them.  So far that is one of the top runners for our florist.  Right now flower wise we are thinking of hydragenas (spelling may be wrong,) hyacinths, orchids, tulips, and gardenias for my bouquet.  For the girls the same just without the orchids or gardenias, since my wedding is in May we have sooo many options.
  • I cannot say enough good things about Lipinoga Florist in Clarence.  They have been amazing to work with.  They did the flowers for a few of my friends and they were just gorgeous.  

We recently just went back for our centerpiece appointment.  They made a couple options for us and it was so hard to choose because they were all gorgeous! I know my flowers will be amazing!  I ended up going with pilsner vases with a mix of fall garden flowers on top.  I'm carrying a cascading bouquet, and when I visited other places and asked to see pictures of cascades they did not look full, like Lipinogas.  You get a lot of flowers for your money.  They were also able to show me pictures of weddings at my reception which was nice, and they had a lot of experience there which is always good. 

They really can do any style also.  All of our flowers are very lush and gardeny with fall accents, but they also did a more modern look for a friend and another friend did all roses for her bouquets and then roses and hydrageas and lilies for her centerpieces.  The bouquets were just so amzaing.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards