New York-Western

Kleinhan's Music Hall

Hi Everyone. I've been a lurker on these boards for a while and finally decided to post with a question. My fiance and I are interested in having our wedding at Kleinhans, but his parents don't think its a great idea because the main bathrooms are downstairs from where the reception would be held. There is a handicapped bathroom upstairs on the same level of the Mary Seton Room, but everyone else would have to go downstairs. I don't think its as big of an issue as they are making it out to be, but they feel it is a deal breaker.

Has anyone every had or been to a wedding reception at Kleinhans? Was the bathroom location an issue?

I appreciate any info/insight you could give!

Re: Kleinhan's Music Hall

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been there, but just on the issue itself I don't think it should be a deal breaker.  We are at the Conference Center in Niagara Falls, and our bathrooms are around the corner and down the hall, so they aren't exactly convenient either, but I love it there and don't care.  As long as there is a handicapped accessible bathroom on the same floor I think you're fine.  Is there much of a walk to the stairs from the room, and to the bathroom from the stairs?  That could maybe be of concern, but still not a deal breaker in my eyes.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to wedding there but that seems like silly thing to worry about. I have been to weddings that are outside and you really need to walk to get to a bathroom at those weddings. I have also been to one who only had a johnny on the spot! Klienhan's is beautiful I say go for it!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never been to a wedding there though I have been there for concerts.  Since there is a handicapped bathroom available on the same floor as the reception, I don't think it's a big deal that the main bathrooms are downstairs.  Don't let this be a dealbreaker.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • tessablythetessablythe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Every place is going to have positives and negatives. You'll be fine. Go with the location you will be most comfortable in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards