New York-Western

Good but inexpensive florists near Buffalo?

Hi everybody!

I am beginning to search around for a florist. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or advice. I am looking for someone creative considering I am lacking in that category. I have general ideas about how I want my bouquets and centerpieces but am having trouble making up my mind. (Much of it does have to do with price as well)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Good but inexpensive florists near Buffalo?

• jenpiglet17jenpiglet17 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I cannot recommend Maureen's enough.  Their prices are reasonable, and boquets are HUGE.  She is good to work with, helps you when you need it, and has a lot of experience.  She did my cousin's wedding and is also doing mine.  I'd recommend making an appointment with her, sit down discuss what you want, she'll give you a price AND a small boquet to take home for free. :) 
  • We are using Lipinoga. I thought they were very reasonably priced as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went w/ A Blooming Place in Tonawanda. Overall her prices were the most reasonable we found.
  • I second Maureen's!  They are the best in Buffalo!  She was wonderful to work with and she is very reasonable.  She is very willing to work with any budget, whatever it may be.  Definitely call for an appointment so you can sit down with her and discuss your ideas.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • We went with Lipinoga in Clarence. They're super nice and have many ideas, and she was much more reasonably priced than A Blooming Place (we also checked her out).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We are going to Maureen's.  She is amazing.  I went to other florists but Maureen's blew me away.  She is so creative and will help you with different flowers and colors that will go with the colors you choose, as well.  She is not too expensive.  She also made the bride that was there before me a bouquet to show the bride how beautiful the combinations will look (bc the bride was so nervious).  she even lets you take home flowers so you can shower your fiance or whomever. 

• @L&J - we looked at Lipinoga too - but it may have been the type of flowers we chose. Our quote from them was much higher. I also have a couple of friends who used Flowers by Johnny and were happy w/ him.
  • One of my friends has raved about Flowers by Johnny too. I just booked Grazer's for my wedding--the price I got was really reasonable, and Carolyn was so helpful in terms of making suggestions and trying to save me money.  They have multiple locations, but the main one is on Delaware Avenue in Kenmore, which is close to where Flowers by Johnny is.  If you wanted to do a price comparison you could probably schedule consults with both and see which price was better.  Just an idea! :)

Alison

• I went with Lipinoga. I was very happy with my flowers.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • i reccomend maureen's too!  she knew what i wanted even before I did!  I gave her the colors we picked and the overall theme of the wedding, and that i wanted a small cascading bouquet and she said "ill be right back" and picked out EXACTLY what I would've wanted (and i got to keep the test bouquet!)

price depends on what flowers you pick. i have orchids in my bouquet, so that brougth the price up a tiny bit, but overall she was still extremely reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards