New York-Western
Options

Marriott hotel

Hi! Marriott hotel seems to fit our budget but I was wondering if anyone has reviews??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriott hotel

• Options
    Which one? Last fall I went to a wedding that was held in Rochester Airport Marriott. The place is beautiful and food was delicious. I didnt care for the cake though. I could taste flour in it.
  • Options
    The Amherst one but thanks for the response. I emailed the Hyatt in downtown buffalo. They have a $8500 min on food and beverage :( looking for a venue is beginning to be stressful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I went to a wedding last summer at the Marriott.  They had the cocktail hour in the courtyard, but it was odd because the hotel pool is also there.  So there were just random people swimming during the cocktail hour. 

The food was ok, not great.  The atmosphere of the ballroom was pretty and there was a large dance floor.

The one thing that really sticks out (and that my husband's family still jokes about) is the open bar.  They had 2 small roller bars for 350 people.  I don't know if this is the norm, or if you can request or pay for more, but there was always a really long line for drinks.  I know at my wedding, I didn't want people spending the whole night waiting in line at the bar.  Another thing, I think everyone must have had about 20-30 "alcoholic" drinks each (not joking!) and no one felt any effect of alcohol!  I am not a heavy drinker (I'll normally feel the effect of a couple drinks).  I definitely think they were watering down the drinks; there's no other explanation!  Not saying that you want people getting wasted, but if you pay for alcohol, I believe that's what you should receive.  Now I'm assuming you are having an open bar, or a bar at all, so disregard this if you're not.

Janagringo:  What about the Adams Mark or the Embassy Suites at the Avant downtown?  Those are other options, although I haven't heard any reviews.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Options
    I have heard mixed things about the Adams Mark, though I've never been to a wedding there myself.  We went to see the Embassy Suites.  The room is ok, it's got big columns in it that would block some tables view.  The building itself is gorgeous.  I thought it was a little pricey.
    We also looked at both the Holiday Inn downtown, and the one at the airport.  Both had a lot of pluses, and I really liked both of the people we dealt with at each of those properties.  Seems like they really try to go the extra mile to make you happy.  We ended up deciding against them, but I was really torn!
  • Options
    I haven't been to a wedding at the Marriott but my company hosts events there on occasion, and I've never been particularly impressed w/ the food. We are having ours at the Millennium in the courtyard - same thing there w/ the pool being open, but we aren't particularly concerned about that. We had also looked at the Holiday Inn Downtown and I heard good things about them. I have also heard good things about Embassy Suites.
  • Options
    Attended a wedding there last year.  The food is not that good, but what really stood out was the poor service.  Would not reccomend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards