New York-Western

candy bar

HI! I am having my wedding at the pearl street grill October 2011. I am intrested in having a candy bar. Does anyone know where I can get big jars cheap that they have seen?
or is anyone selling?
Thanks!

Re: candy bar

• raeoleraeole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI! I am having my wedding at the pearl street grill October 2011. I am intrested in having a candy bar. Does anyone know where I can get big jars cheap that they have seen?
    or is anyone selling?
    Thanks!
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine did a candy bar and she just did big bowls of candy.  She borrowed a lot of hers from other people.  Ask around to family and friends of what they have available.  You could also look at stores like the Dollar Tree.  I'm often pleasantly surprised with some of the nice things I can find there. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try the christmas tree store for vases and bowls.
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try dollar stores, but they usually only have smaller glass bowls and vases.  Look at Marshalls and TJ Maxx, they often have cheap glass decor.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try craft stores as well. You can buy them with 50% coupons in the paper.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I am having a candy bar at Pearl St this October.  I may be looking to sell my jars afterwards.  Walmart and Target have pretty good prices, and as PP said, Michael's and Jo-ann's often have coupons.  If you want to meet a couple of Pearl Street brides you should come to the gtg this Thursday.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • edited December 2011
    Target has various sized jars and so does Christmas tree shops. I was looking into a candy bar previously - I could only find scoops online! good luck
  • jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought all of ours at TJ Maxx/ Marshalls. We will have 300 guests at our wedding so we needed really large containers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have a candy bar for rent - I have gorgeous jars and bowls and scoops and tongs and signs and candy!  I live in Rochester.  I can send you a pic if you are interested.
    If interested please e-mail me at mcn1026@aol.com
  • KellieS2121KellieS2121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did that for a shower, jars were from christmas tree shop and family and friends. We found scoops for 3 for $1 at Big lots.  They were just plastic, but we wrapped the handles with ribbon and they look great!!
  • edited December 2011
    Marshall's has nice cool things sometimes also you could try Ikea, there isnt one in the area but they ship or theres one outside toronto... good for setting up your house too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards