• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Western

Vendor Reviews from 10/12 wedding

--Ceremony & Reception Venue - Brookfield Country Club--
Gorgeous venue, stellar food, perfect atmosphere for a fall wedding. We had the run of the place for the wedding, the only other people there were golfers. The Meadowbrook room was a breath-taking spot for the ceremony, the cocktail room and access to the patio was great, and the reception hall was decorated exactly how I asked. My biggest complaint is that Erin, the coordinator, is inconsistent about replying to emails and phone calls, often taking 2-3 contacts to answer a question or respond. A little aggravating. Also, there were a number of errors on our prospectus and menu, but after notifying her, they were immediately fixed. The ends totally justified any hiccups along the way.

--Florist - Lipinoga Florist--
Professional and efficient. I came in with a color palatte only and they listened and were responsive as we chose the flowers for the bouquets. They made a silk remebrance bouquet for my deceased mother in the colors and flowers I wanted, and also accommodated my request to have my bouquet wrapped in strips of my mom and grandma's wedding dresses. I had huge gorgeous bouquets and arrangements at an incredibly reasonable price.

--DJ - Purpose Driven DJs--
I know Dave, one of the DJs, through work, so it was a no brainer to book with them. The price was comparable to other DJs in the area, but one cool thing about Purpose Driven DJs is that they donate 10% of the cost of your booking back to charities in Buffalo (we chose Buffalo City Mission). Dave was responsive to our requests and checked in with us periodically throughout the reception to make sure everything was to our liking. The music was fantastic and everyone had a blast.

--Dress - Bridal Chateau--
I spent more on my dress than expected, but the experience at Bridal Chateau was worth it. I swear, the women working at the counter are the nicest, both over the phone and in person. They tried their best to stay within my budget, including throwing a free bustle into my alterations. The seamstress is impeccable--she had to take out the boning in my bodice to make a deeper sweetheart neckline, and you never would've been able to tell. They also hemmed the veil I bought to the perfect length. Very attentive to customers and the service they provide.

--Bridesmaid Dresses - Alfredo Angelo--
We had a fine experience at Alfred Angelo, nothing really of note with regards to customer service. They seemed to have a wide variety of sizes, and all the girls were able to try on a dress near their size. The dresses came in way faster than they told us to expect them, which was a nice treat.

--Tuxedos - Men's Warehouse Galleria Mall--
Per my new husband, they were very knowledgable, helpful, and were available when he needed to make quick changes. They also gave him an extra pair of shoes for the reception without charge (he wanted traditional black for the ceremony and wing tips for the reception). Although there was an issue with the delivery hub making his tux arrive a day late, the manager handled it professionally and gave him $20 as an unexpected apology. 

--Cake - Muscoreil's--
You can't go wrong with a Muscoreil's cake. Seriously. We got their "signature" flavor of white almond cake with raspberry gel and raspberry chantilly cream filling, topped with buttercream. It was heaven. They decorated the cake exactly to what we had agreed on and drawn out. 

--Hair & Makeup - Head of Class Salon--
The ladies at Head of Class are so accommodating! Jennifer was my stylist and she was attentive and did great work. The day of the wedding, all of the stylists for my bridesmaids/moms were on time, ready to go, and very efficient. They got us done in the time they promised, and everyone's hair held up all night, even with dancing!

--Photographer - New York West Photography--
We did a lot of shopping around for a photographer and had trouble finding one whose style matched with what we wanted within our budget. When we met with Jim Cookfair at New York West, we clicked right away. He's very personable and engaging, lots of great stories from a long career in the business. He was extremely responsive via email to answer questions and confirm details, and willing to meet with us in his home. We worked out a good package with him and he met our every expectation the day of the wedding. We can't wait to see our photos!

--Bowling Party - Transit Lanes--
We had a post-wedding bowling party the day after for our friends from college at Transit Lanes. Donna Perna was incredible to work with while planning it, I couldn't have asked for a more attentive, on-the-ball person! Everything was taken care of, and to our surprise, Donna came over herself the day of to give us our first round of drinks on the house. I'd highly recommend contacting Donna to plan any party you'd want to have at Transit Lanes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards