New York-Western
Options

Non-denominational officiants - Rochester

I'm in a pickle it seems... hopefully it will work itself out, but the need for a Plan B is becoming glaringly apparent. My friend got ordained online to perform our wedding, and has been overjoyed about it for 2 years. And now he won't return my calls. And the wedding is 10 weeks away, and he needs to book a hotel/flight and I just don't know if I can trust him to actually be there.

So I need a fairly last minute non-denominational officiant to perform my wedding in Rochester! Does anyone have any rec's or know any names? I emailed Kris Miller and am waiting to hear back. TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
White Knot

Re: Non-denominational officiants - Rochester

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I hope Kris can do your wedding because she is doing ours and so far has been wonderful.  My fiance (it was his task to find an officiant) did all the contacting so he has the list at home of who he talked to.  We were actually recommended to Kris from another officiant who was unable to do our date.  Actually a lot of them he contacted that couldn't do our date, referred us to others so perhaps if Kris can't she'll give you the name of someone who can.

But I'll try to get the other people we contacted's information this evening and let you know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's sadly unavailable :(  That'd be great if you could get the other names for me, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I ran into an issue with Rev Kris not being available for my wedding date either(waited to long to get back to her:( )
    so, she gave me Rev Cathleen Brauen's name.  She has worked under Rev Kris for a few years now and shes very personable. 

http://cathleenbrauen.web.officelive.com/aboutus.aspx

check her out! I def recommend her!

Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be meeting with Cathleen next week... as rev Kris will be on sabbatical. What was her fee?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She is $225 without rehearsal or $275 with rehearsal.
    Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    AnemonymAnemonym member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully your problem got solved!  But for future readers:

Joan Ruffels at solcelebrations.com does non-denomination weddings and is very well priced as well as being very well-organized.  She will do a custom ceremony.

Our officiant works at our venue and happens to be an officiant as well.  He also is very well priced.  He doesn't advertise online so I'm not sure if he'd want me to post his e-mail, but you can send me a message if you want his e-mail.  He also will do a custom ceremony for a good price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards