• carolburnettcarolburnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cinndawg
    so what is the price?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so cinndawg what si the price you are paying?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cutypy0516
    WELL SAID APPLAUSE TO YOU!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Glena Photography , they worked with mine and my Fiancees budget and are professional in every way.  I've seen them in the field before and they come dressed in tuxedos and really get the bridal party and guest involved and pumped. Definately check them out.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glena Photography
    Out of Lockport?

If so the photos on their site are TERRIBLE out of focus, lame and uninteresting..MY OPINION
  • Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow this thread turned into far more than I ever thought it would lol.  Again, I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions.  I have decided to go with the girl I referred to in my last post.  I know everyone will probably think I'm crazy but she has two years of experience taking photos for clients with her digital SLR, and she is getting an upgrade before our wedding.  I believe she is younger than us, and currently in college, but photography is one of her passions and she expressed that very well in our meeting.  Her pictures are beautiful (macro, indoor, outdoor, still/action, portrait), and her eye is similar to mine when it comes to creating a composition, etc.
    Anyway...my point here is I am not going into a fit over perfect photos for my wedding.  I value someone for their creativity in the field, and when I see passion like that, I trust it; I have rarely been steered wrongly.  She is going to cover my entire wedding (approx 6-7 hours) for $250, including copies of all the photos, but she will have rights to them for her portfolio (yes I was pleasantly surprised by the price).  Say what you wish, I believe this is the right decision.  As cutypy0516 says, if I set my budget for what I expect, I will receive it; fortunately, I don't have grand expectations, but I know something good when I see it.  Accountability and talent can go further than the money put into it, and I think many people have forgotten that.
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great deal! I'm glad you found a photographer. I'm sure the pictures will be lovely!
  • gersbjagersbja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I am happy to hear you found someone that you trust will do a good job :)    I am also looking into something very similar.  I am getting married Feb 2012 - would you possibly mind sharing her information?  You can send me a personal msg if you prefer, we wouldn’t want Carol to have her info obviously.  But I have contacted a couple people from craigslist and i have not been too excited just yet....  But if  she is looking for some work in February, i would love to give her a shot also...   

Thanks and happy planning!!! 

• edited December 2011
    I see its getting down to crunch time for you and I didnt want to go through and read every single post, but if you're still looking for a photographer I am an extremely reasonably priced wedding photographer and could definitely do it at your asking price! PM me if you are still looking, and if not I hope you found something reasonable! The cost of everything for weddings is unreal but photography is by far the most insane! I have tons of sample wedding pics to show... let me know and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards