New York-Western

A few more reviews

Ooops, I realized that I left a few off when I posted earlier.  Here is the rest:

Tuxes- Joseph A Banks.  I was nervous about using them since my husband had been in weddings before and they got sizing wrong for several of the guys every time, but we got lucky and everything was perfect.  It was also convenient that the guys were able to pick them up at one store and return them to another since everyone was traveling in from out of town.

Officiant- Jami Blackchief (Champagne Memories).  Jami was absolutely wonderful!  We were originally supposed to work with someone else, who cancelled on us in mid-May, two months before our wedding.  We were understandably upset, but then we found Jami, and she stepped right in and set our minds at ease.  She met with us on skype (since we live out of town) and in person when we came in for the weekend, she came to our rehearsal and stayed about two hours to finalize every detail, and she was my near-constant email buddy in the two months we worked with her.  She was awesome!  If you are looking for someone to work with you to help personalize a ceremony, you won't find anyone better than her.

DJ- Phenomenon Sound.  Our DJ (Joey B) was a really nice guy and things went according to plan with the music we picked out, but he was very hard to understand. I don't know if the acoustics were bad or if he wasn't speaking into the microphone clearly or what, but it was difficult to hear him  and his announcements and because of that, it took guests in the back of the room time to realize we were starting the toasts, which was frustrating.  Also, apparently we were supposed to have a two hour consultation prior to the wedding to review music, but we were never contacted about this, so it didn't happen--we had to do it via email, and it ended up being fine. 

Anyway, again, I hope this helps someone.  It was very hard to plan from out of town, and I was very stressed about making decisions, especially in the beginning, but I promise it does get easier as you start to figure out what you want!!

Alison :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards