New York-Western

Registry at Target

Target is one of my favorite stores, and I'd love to register there, but I have heard very mixed reviews about their registry. I wondered if it varied at all by location, so if any of you girls in Buffalo have had experience with Target's Club Wedd, good or bad, please let me know!!
Thanks!

Re: Registry at Target

• Don't do it! It has nothing to do with Target you go to it has to do with Target policies.

Target has some of the worse return policies in the business. So lets say you end up with 3 coffee makers because of some computer glitch or aunt suzy didn't remember to tell the clerk to take it off your registry. You won't be able to return these coffee markers with out a gift receipt or original receipt. A lot of people don't put gift receipt on stuff off registry because they figure you register for it.

I love Target!! I shop their once a week easily, but i didn't register there because of the horror stories I heard from friends and cousins.

I did register at Macy's and I don't have any complaints about them. They were easy to work with and everything went smoothly. And the $370 giftcard I got at the end made it so much better.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I agree.  I absolutely LOVE Target but their registry is awful.  They only give you a 10% registry completion at the end for anything that you have not gotten yet.  Mine never came in the mail and it took me calling 5 times to finally get it.  In calling, their customer service reps are rude and one even hung up on me.  I asked if there was another way that they could send it to me because I hadn't received it yet and I got a flat out no.  Calling back a 2nd time, they said they could give me a code but then once I got to the store I had to call and the cashier had to verify the code. Way too inconvenient.  The only plus was we got a lot of gift cards!  So I'll basically just wait for the few items I have left to go on sale and buy them that way.  I did register at Bed, Bath, and Beyond as well and I had no problems!  They also give out a 10% completion discount at the end.  I thought that was funny since they send out 20% off coupons all the time.  I figured I would just buy the rest that way.  But then I got an email after my wedding that they were having a 1 day registry completion day.  Everything on your registry was 20% off.  I figured this would be easier than bringing a bunch of coupons.  Once I got there, they were actually featuring 20% off everything in the store!!  They even had door prizes for those that showed up.  I would recommend BB&B's registry definitely!
  • Thanks so much!! I will definitely take your advice and not register there!
  • I have heard some bad reviews from others, but one of my bridesmaids got married last summer and used their registry and had no issues. I do agree that their return policy is definitely not the best by any means. We haven't had any issues so far w/ our registry at Target. We also registered at JCPenney and Kohl's which were both recommended highly to us by others.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards