New York-Western
Options

Flowers

We're looking at getting our flowers done by Wegmans (our caterer/venue says that the most beautiful centerpieces and decorations they've seen have come from them). I'm not sure if they're different from any other florist, but how far in advance do you think I'd have to book them? My mom says we probably don't need to make an appointment until sometime next year (wedding's June 30th), but my checklist on here says to have one booked by the end of October...

I'd rather get this done sooner rather than later, but I was just wondering if Wegmans is different.
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Flowers

• Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it sooner rather than later. There is no warn in booking earlier, also you wouldn't want them  to get book for the day of your wedding. Also i would consider shopping around for florist. I looked at Wegmans and the lady was rude and told me she couldn't help me.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? The Sheridan Drive one?

I'll start looking around for other florists, just to compare prices.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to a couple florists that told me to call them back 6 months from the wedding  (I called about a year out) because that's the earliest they would book it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Wegmans but the price was very high. We ended up going with A Blooming Place (off Eggert Road in Tonawanda) - she was very friendly and the price was reasonable.
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    edited December 2011
    Interesting... I sent an e-mail to A Blooming Place and a couple of other florists asking when I should be making an appointment with them and booking. Thanks!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes the one on Transit Road. I was surprised too because I love Wegmans! I ended up going with Lipanoga's in Clarence, I have also heard good things about Maureen wholesale or something like that.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked our florist about 10 months out and no one seemed surprised when we were looking at that time.

I didn't look at Wegmans...I picked up some information, but my Mom couldn't wrap her head around getting flowers for your wedding from a grocery store.  (We're not originally from the area!)
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hopefully going with Wegmans for my flowers as well (in Canandaigua).  I have heard from other girls that they book up REALLY fast, so you might want to make a consultation appointment soon!  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm calling Wegmans tomorrow (the designer isn't in today) to see how far in advance we need an appointment, and I e-mailed the other two options posted on here. I'd like to get this over with sooner rather than later, but if I have to wait I'll wait...
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you've already got a few choices on your list, but I just wanted to inform you that Flowers by Johnny on Delaware Ave. in Buffalo (near Kenmore) is where I ended up going.  I tried Maureens first and had a bad experience and not such great prices.

Flowers by Johnny was super nice, very patient, willing to show me pretty much everything he had from the back for sample to put together some really nice, unique arrangements.  They are more contemporary and he is very consciences of your budget.

I did not look into Wegman's and have no clue their pricing but they do make beautiful arrangements, so I think it's also totally worth looking into.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually checked with wegmans...and it was a toss up between them and the people we went with(kittlebergers in webster) they were decently priced from other places i had looked. one lady quoted me $6000!!!!
    Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind more options. The more I have, the better chance I have of making the right choice. I'll look into them as well. Thanks!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Lipanoga in Clarence as well. They were quite reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are not too early a year ahead of time is fine to book, you could wait but if you know what you want you dont need to wait you are not early.  Most people I talk to(and books I read) say they booked flowers, cake, dj, etc about 1 year to 6 months out. 
    btw, I also used Lipinogas, and they were great to work with and my flowers were gorgeous.
  • Options
    andreaolacheaandreaolachea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prices? What did you all pay? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards