New York-Western

DJ?

I'm starting to look for a DJ, but there are so many options!  Who is everyone using or do you have any recommendations?  Thanks!
8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!

Re: DJ?

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used TMD Music in Buffalo.  I met him at the Buffalo Bridal Show, so I knew he was approved by the Buffalo Bridal Association.  Tom is the owner and as far as I know does all of the events.  He has DJ'ed for many years and used to work for CJ Sound, but started his own company when he had kids I think because he said they do a lot of clubs. 
    Anyways, he did a great job at our wedding, and was very professional.  He also served as our emcee and everything went very smoothly.  He was $550 for the night, which was I believe 5 1/2 hours.  He also knocks off $50 if you meet him at a bridal show, so we only paid $500.  I give him a very high recommendation. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Saxman Slim, in Buffalo... he plays the sax and DJs. For us, he is playing the sax during our ceremony and then cocktail hour and dinner, and then DJing the rest of the night (we are having everything in the same location). He was reasonable, I think like 850 for 6.5 hours. If you google him and look at his website, he lists dates when he is playing in bars and what not so you can go hear him first.
  • kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used CJ Sound and were very happy with their service.  We had them for 5 hrs and I believe it was around 725.  We picked them mainly because they were able to hook into Salvatore's speaker system, so we didn't have to worry about extra speakers set up throughout the room!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • teddib20teddib20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Whirlin Disc DJ's in Rochetser, they have one in Buffalo too. Amazing. Good prices, and if you're in Rochester, ask for DAN! He was outstanding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Soundwave Photo and DJ.  They are amazing, I found them because another bride on here recommended them.  The owner and his wife are absolutely fabulous and are VERY helpful in all aspects of wedding planning.  Extremely reasonable and flexible and get back to you in a very timely manner.  I can't compliment them enough. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ken Paradise!!!  He is unbelieveable!  He DJ's at a radio station during the day so he has access to all the cool gadgets.  His uplighting is gorgeous and totally reasonable. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • rocweddingrocwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Showcase Sound and so have several friends. They were great.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Signature Entertainment.  They are a little more expensive than others, but they did a great job, the dance floor was hopping all night long!
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • BBride90BBride90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phenomenon Sound all the way!!
    They are unbelievably energetic and so helpful in the planning.
    I can ask them about anything and theyll give me ideas.
    I first met them at friends weddings and just had to have them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards