New York-Western
Options

Bridesworld

Hi ladies,

Has anyone been to Bridesworld before? My mom is plannning on going this Sunday in my place since I live out of town.  Is it worthwhile in terms of getting good deals? 

Also, does anyone know if there is a list anywhere of which vendors will be there on Sunday? I can't find it listed on the site's official webpage, but  I thought it would be good to know in advance so I could do some research before my mom signs any contracts with anyone on the spot.

Thanks!
Alison

Re: Bridesworld

• Options
    I didn't find any Bridal Expos helpful if I'm being honest.  The one I went to was crowded and everyone had 3 dozen bridesmaids with them.  We wound up booking our tuxedo there, but I wish we had done more research first...it turned out fine, but I think we could have found something better.

What I found more helpful was setting up a special email account and getting on mailing lists for that.  The limo company we picked emailed out the same special we would have gotten if we booked at the show.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I went to one and booked my photographer there. But I went to the table booked the photographer and than left. You can get some good deals but it can be loud and extremely overwhelming with all the people and screaming girls!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_bridesworld?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:f41b3573-5956-4d34-8398-f5e155a37a0cPost:3f1f6beb-ea42-4972-9bca-41239127e9a2">Re: Bridesworld</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to one and booked my photographer there. But I went to the table booked the photographer and than left. You can get some good deals but it can be loud and extremely overwhelming with all the people and screaming girls!
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

<div>This was how I booked my DJ. Pre-register, and get there as soon as it starts. It's just too overwhelming if you don't go in with a plan, or an entire football team to muscle through the crowd for you. I actually went to BridesWorld last year with another friend who was getting married sooner than me, and it was the best one I had been to. There's more room in the aisles, and I think the constant fashion shows distract most people so you can get down to business and book vendors without having to deal with crowds. I advise against Buffalo Wedding shows - not as many perks (no champagne, no cake tastings) and never enough room to maneuver or avoid pamphlet-pushers.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a few of them.  The ones at the Adam's Mark, and the Galleria mall were way too crowded.  The one at the Convention Center was the best as there was a lot more room to move around.  I did book my photobooth there as they had a Plinko game so if you played, you got a dollar amount off and if you booked within a week you got that discount.  I also book my videographer at a bridal show.  I told them I was interested in seeing more of their work and they still gave me the discount because I booked after talking to them at the show.   You can get a lot of great deals there...I would recommend doing your research ahead of time to know what general prices are and just pick a few things you want to book.  If you want to do it all, it's too overwhelming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards