Pennsylvania
Options

Waterfront in Plains - anyone??

Hi, I had an earlier post where I was looking for a wedding venue, and one that I am going to look at is the Waterfront in Plains.  I was there about 2 yrs ago for a realtor luncheon but don't really remember it all too well.  I can't find any reviews online for it and I haven't yet talked to anyone who has attended a wedding there....so I am just wondering if anyone on here has ever heard anything about the place.  Good or bad.  Or if any of you have ever been there, can you maybe tell me about it?  Impressions?  Thanks so much for any input!   Since joining the knot a few days ago AND finding a local board, I can't believe how helpful everyone is on here!  (and knowledgeable!!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Waterfront in Plains - anyone??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try paging PrincessMegan716 her wedding is coming up next weekend and her reception is taking place there.

Don't forget to take a look at the "knottie bride to be" post at the top of the boards, it lists all the knotties upcoming dates and locations. HTH

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! :)
  • Options
    jferlendajferlenda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are seriously looking at booking the Waterfront.  I LOVE it.  The guy that runs the place is named Gersh and he's really helpful.  He even gave us his cell number and said to call anytime with questions!  The packages are very reasonably priced and he said he's willing to work out some cheaper prices for us since we're thinking about a Friday night.  You really should go and take a look for yourself.  The outdoor patio on the river is really what makes it unique, especially the stone bar out there!  I think I'm going to ask PrincessMegan716 as well to see how things have been going. HTH!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cooney312cooney312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    any other info re this location? How is the food?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I am going to give them a call today and set something up.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there. I had my food tasting in March and it was amazing! HIghly rec this place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really love the place.  I also love that it allows fireworks.  The ONLY drawback was the fact  that the restaurant/bar has a deck above the patio.  He said to us that they MAY turn down their music while we are having our ceremony out there.  I don't know, I just don't know if I can get past having random people up on the deck overlooking our wedding.  Then being up there all during our cocktail hour & reception.  I don't know...  I do love it there though!  So it is still on the list. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Remember its good luck to see a bride, so let as many people see you as possible and grant luck ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards