Pennsylvania

Rehearsal Dinner Locations ASAP!!

Ladies - I need your help ASAP! The place that I had initially booked for my rehearsal dinner is trying to boot me to another location "due to a conflicting event." We put down a deposit, had the menu selected and everything! He's not even offering to compensate us for this issue - he just keeps telling me "it's not a problem, I'm not worried about it."This now leaves me with the issue of finding a suitable replacement in and around the Wilkes-Barre area for a Saturday evening (Sept. 5th) for approximately 30 people. We would like to try to stay around $30/person if possible, not including alcohol.Please, please help!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations ASAP!!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry this is happening to you. We had a similar situation with our wedding caterer who decided to book a trip to Europe the day of our wedding. We even had to fight for our deposit. So frustrating!We're having our rehearsal dinner at the Stegmaier Mansion. Not sure how much a head as my FILs are throwing it, but its I would inquire. The owner seems to be very accommodating. I'm sure they could work within your budget.[url]<a href="http://www.stegmaiermansion.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.stegmaiermansion.com/</a>[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    How many people? My email is below if you want to share the location which you are having an issue.Meg
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • mjose182mjose182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kittee - thanks! I'm calling them first thing tomorrow morning.Meg - We're at maybe 30 people for the rehearsal dinner. I had initially booked the Cafe and the place they want me to have my rehearsal dinner is at Portofino's, which I believe has been closed for months. Both owners are apparently good friends because they tried tag-teaming my father-in-law into thinking there was no problem with them moving us at the last minute.
  • edited December 2011
    Here are a few off the top of my head:Touch of Class @ the PalaceThe WaterfrontThe Castle InnBest Western @ Bear CreekThe WoodlandsDid you try any of the chain restaurants around the area - they may have a separate room for groups?? Mohegan Sun?? I know some of their restaurants take groups. Wouldn't hurt to call!http://poconodowns.com/dining/
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Portafino in July.  They were closed for vacation...reopened the week of our wedding for parties only and were supposed to just have their grand reopening on the 31st.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mjose182mjose182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The funny thing is we had looked at Portofino's as an option - but my mother had a medical conference there and had a horrible experience. Not too long after, they closed their doors for "vacation", but the owner told my future father-in-law that he closed the place because they needed to find all new management. Supposedly Portofino's will reopen the first week in September, but even if they didn't, they said we could still use their facility - hmm, nothing like having a nice rehearsal dinner in a place that has been closed and unused in months!We're taking are business elsewhere - I unfortunately never heard back from the Stegmeier Mansion, so we're deciding between River Grille and Fire & Ice. Any comments on either? And does anyone know where I can leave a review about my experience with the Cafe for other brides to see? I've already Yelped about it and commented on Trip Advisor.
  • edited December 2011
    It was a planned vacation because the owner had told my in-laws about it several weeks prior.  The food was awesome for us.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards