Pennsylvania
Options

Tell me about your...

DJ. The one my venue recommended is WAY out of our price range. The reception is being held at Woodloch, and ideally we'd like to use someone local. TIA!

Re: Tell me about your...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know what your budget is, but we just booked our DJ last week (we're getting married 10/3) We're using DJ Chris K and he is charging us $300 for 4 hours. We didn't want any frills though... No prop package and basically, we asked him to speak as little as humanly possible. He is very nice, very together and if you can wait 2 weeks, I can post a review :) His number is 687-5565.
  • Options
    haggartchaggartc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woot! Thanks Kittee...I'd love a review in two weeks. That price is right in my budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You got it! I'll let you know how he works out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used PartyDjz.com ...I paid $600 for 5 hours.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meganjane86meganjane86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Wesley Works, it's $1200, but they come highly recommended, and a DJ can make a wedding an awesome time, or really awkward (I can speak from experience!)-- so we were willing to splurge there! Also, I can let them know the day of that we want an extra hour or two added on (if we're having a good time!) and there's no extra charge!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with Wesley Works... I work at a wedding facility in the LV (no, I'm not getting amrried there, lol) and we can not stand when WW comes in for a wedding.  They seem to treat the guests fairly well, but they refuse to follow the banquet facility's rules and work with our staff.  One time I caught their photographers "browsing" through the gift table and another time one of their workers stuck his finger in the cake, licked it off, went back for seconds with the same finger, and then tried to fix the area that he was eating from so no one would notice... very unprofessional IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $1200 for a DJ literally makes my head spin. Omg.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, holy crap... hopefully nothing like that happens! I think it should be okay because we're only using thier dj service and he knows our venue and our photographer.. so they seem to be on the same page already.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and 1200 makes my head spin, too... but we definitely didn't want awkward transitions and blow up props... so, we moved some stuff around in our budget
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The blow up props are extra ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards