Pennsylvania

Inne at the Abingtons

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find any related posts. Have you or are you planning to use the Inne at the Abingtons for your reception site?Their prices are fabulous and I'm fearful that they are too good to be true. TIA!

Re: Inne at the Abingtons

• edited December 2011
    They are too good to be true! I went to a wedding there this year and the food was horrible. I have never heard anything good about them.
  • edited December 2011
    As nice as I can possibly say this, dont do it!
  • lklee82lklee82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the exact same boat as you are! I have heard good and bad things about it.  My best friend just went to a wedding there a few weekends ago and filled me in.  She said they had a buffet and by the time she got food, it was cold.  She said the food wasn't bad.  She also said the reception was in the smaller room and they were crammed in there.  So I guess it depends on what you plan on doing...? I have also heard the carving station was very good by someone at my FH's work.  I'm really up in the air on this one.  I definitely know where you are coming from!
  • l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I was all about the Inne, strictly for the price.  I am SO glad I did not end up going with them.  Haven't heard one good thing about them in the past couple months.  I have to say, check out Glen Oak Country Club, in Clarks Summit.  www.glenoakcc.com I finally put a hold on my date with them, they are working with me for a budget of $10k and under, for 190 people.  That includes the open bar too!  I almost booked the Fern Hall Inn, but they were not professional at all, and at the last minute, came in $5k above my budget.  Sam, the owner, totally cut me off, and I haven't heard a word from her since asking to try and cut my budget back. Anyways, hope this helps.  Jeff Spagna is the manager.  I was a little nervous about the wedding manager being male (I know, I know...lol) but he is wonderful.  I have been there a handful of times already with the most ridiculous requests :-) and he has been great.Good luck!
  • haggartchaggartc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! Tara, I just looked at Glen Oak, it looks so pretty!
  • l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for my slow response...lol.  Glen Oak is great.  I am so thrilled with Jeff, the manager.  I was nervous of the 'contry club' feel, but it def. give you that feel when you are there.  I am REALLy trying to be 'thrifty' with my wedding, so the cost was a huge thing for me.    Anyways, keep us posted on where you decide. If you are really interested in Glen Oak, tell Jeff you've talked to me.  He is a great guy to work with! :-)
  • 570bride570bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Inne on 10/10/10........I have heard both good and bad reviews but a coworker was just there few weeks ago for her nephew's wedding & she said it was wonderful. I think it's just a matter of opinion but luckily, I'm a roll with the punches kind of girl so I'm not too worried. (When we went on vacation last year we booked the hotel & then I decided to look at the reviews for the hotel & they were horrendous. That vacation turned out to be one of the best & the hotel was great! I hope this turns out the same)
  • edited December 2011
    hi i am seriously considering the inne at the abingtons for my wedding. you cant beat the prices. i was aworried about the food also, so we were invited to a tasting and it was great!! every sunday they have a buffet style dinner that is open for anyone to come and eat its 10 dolars but we got in for free bc we were considering them for our wedding. the place was packed and everyone liked the food. it seems that everyone on here has heard through the grapevine about the inne, so give it a chance and check the food out for yourself and tehn decide.
  • Nadine1222Nadine1222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother just had his wedding at the Inne in May and it was great!!  I had the chicken parm.  We just decided this weekend that we will also be having our wedding at the Inne in November 2010!  So excited!!!  After looking at multiple venues in our area, you just can't beat the price!  Fresh flower center pieces, cake, open bar, ETC.  We are in the process of looking for houses as well, so the package deal is great since our wedding will be on the bigger side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards