Pennsylvania
Options

Reviews! Clarks Summit and Forest City area!

Just got married on Saturday (10/23/10), and here are a couple reviews:

Glen Oak Country Club (Clarks Summit): A+++!  Glen Oak was awesome.  Jeff Spagna is the manager, and he was nothing but wonderful.  The club is private, but they will find a member to sponsor you with no worries.  The price is AMAZING!  At the time when I booked, my all inclusive price per person was around $68 each.  That included pass Hors, dinner, 5 hour open bar, cake cutting, taxes, tip, etc, etc.  The prices have gone up some since, but it is still a great price for a beautiful venue!  I had a lot of extra decor (bought my own chair covers, took down all their pictures and put up my own, etc. etc), and they did not charge any extra to all the extras I had done.  The food was excellent, well portioned, and hot upon serving.  Plenty of parking, and gorgeous floor to ceiling windows to overlook the course.  I HIGHLY recommend them!

Frosted Bakery (Clarks Summit): B : Julie from Frosted was awesome to work with.  Fun, easy and upbeat.  I ordered a 3 tier cake frosted with buttercream and some piping work.  I also ordered a groomscake and 2 dozen cupcakes.  The main cake was $490, and the groomscake and cupcakes were $145.  The cakes and cupcakes tasted excellent!  Very moist and full of flavor. The suagr anenomie flowers were just beautiful as well!   However, I was slightly disappointed with the decoartion of the cake.  There was ribbon around the bottom of each tier, and it was crooked and sort of uneven.  Thought the overall presentation could have been better. 

Frankie Carll (DJ Joe Thomas) (Clarks Summit): A : Joe Thomas from Frankie Carll DJ'd our event, after the Fancy Dancer band was not available due to a date change.  Joe was great - prompt, polite and played a great mix of music.  I requested no rap songs of any sort, and he stuck to it.  I also requested a minimal interaction with the crowd, and he did just that!  The music and announcements were great - and everyone danced.  Everything went smooth!  The cost was $775.

House of Flowers (Forest City): B :  I had 16 centerpieces made, one bride boquet, 2 bridesmaids boquets, 6 boutannier's, and 5 corsages.  No church flowers.  Flowers  for bridal party were ranunculus, anenomies, roses, star of Bethlehem.  The boquets were just stunning. Very well made - and perfect size.  Couldn't be happier with the boquets!  However, the centerpieces were simply 5 Hydrangea flowers in a glass bowl (which I purchased myself and gave to the florist).  I thought the price was a lot considering the easiness of the centerpieces.  Total cost was $1075.00. 

Feel Good Limo Service (Olyphant): A :  We hired Feel Good Limo and had a 10 passenger white Chrysler 300.  Communication with Karen was excellent the entire time. The driver was very early to the church, and had the red carpet ready when we left the church.  He was dressed sharply, and was VERY polite.  Provided champagne, water, etc. inside.  The limo was VERY clean outside and in.  However, we scraped the bottom of the limo several times.  We did find out later that the air pressure in the tires(s) was low.  Great service, and would highly recommend!  Cost was around $850.

Studio 511 (Forest City): A+ :  Erin and the girls (and guy!) at the salon were excellent.  The salon was closed, and we began right on time.  Everyone was happy with thier hair, and the makeup was done very tastefully.  The staff listened to everyone's request, and even re-did an updo due to one of the girls not liking it.  No problems at all!  Fun environment, upbeat and positive.  Price for 5 up-do's, 2 manicures, 1 pedicure and 5 make-up applications was around $350. 

Darker Shades of Brown Photography (Daniel Lanton) (Clarks Summit): A : This is based solely on the day of the day of the wedding. We did not get any pictures yet.  Daniel and his assistant Bryan were great during the whole day.  The covered from 10a-10p.  Couldn't ask for more with them - they were great! And based upon our engagement pictures, I have no doubt the wedding pictures will be just as great!  Total cost was $2200, which included an engagement session and 12 hour wedding day coverage.

I'd be happy to indulge more about each vendor if anyone has any specific questions.  Happy planning! 

Re: Reviews! Clarks Summit and Forest City area!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards