Pennsylvania

Table Numbers/Names???

We were trying to come up with something different for our table names instead of table numbers. I've seen this done and it just adds a bit more uniqueness to the reception. 
Any ideas? 
Amy & Eric 10-16-10

Re: Table Numbers/Names???

• edited December 2011
    HHmm You can do plaes you and Fi visited together? Ive also seen people to pics of them and Fi growing up. So table 1 would have a pic of you guys as babies. Thats all I can think of at the moment.
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you went/go to the same school, you could do street names or landmarks from your school.  Or even your hometowns.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    We were planning to do something clever -- but our wedding coordinator pointed out that if you have more than 10 tables it may take people a looong time to find their seats 
    (ie: if you are seated at table 21 and are standing between tables 2 and 3, you know to head to the other side of the room.  If you are seated at table "Kitten" and standing between "College" and "Flower" you have no idea where to head.)

We had 23 tables -- so we didn't do it.  I think the age thing could be good if you have a lot of tables (table 1 = pics of you two at age 1, etc.)

Or do a number and then put a picture or write up or trivia fact on it to make it more interesting.  

If you are having a small wedding then I've seen these ideas:
    - cities/countries you've visited together as a couple
    - names of things you both enjoy (if you both play or love a sport, name the tables after pieces of equipment, positions, etc.)  
    - names of things associated with the place where you first met
    - Items that show your passions (like if you're both chemists, name each table after an element, etc.)
  • blnovakblnovak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's hard enough to find tables when they're numbered in a large venue. Though this idea sounds super cute (and we contemplated it as well), I'd find a creative way to do numbers.

Ginabav... I LOVE your idea with the ages!

We were thinking of having photos of us taken with us holding number cards and using those as table numbers. Something a little different, but still numbers.

Also, I've heard of people using photos of numbers "around town" like a picture of the 3 on a scoreboard, or something along those lines.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in the Pocono area and are going to name our tables the waterfalls in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards