Pennsylvania

Bank St Annex

Hi Ladies,

The FI and I are looking to have a  some-what small, intimate wedding (about 60 -65 ppl). I came across the Bank St. Annex in Easton. From what I can see, it looks wonderful. I've scheduled a tour for next week but was wondering if anyone can share their experience? Also, I see that the location is downtown , so the parking will be off street or in a parking garage (from what I gathered), would my guest have to pay for their own parking? Does the venue give some sort of parking voucher for the wedding party and guests? Thanks in advance!

FYI  These are questions I will ask during my visit but would like some info beforehand.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bank St Annex

• edited December 2011
    We went to look at Bank St Annex! We almost ended up going with it, but the layout is spread out over two floors for cocktail hour, and I have a lot of older relatives who can't get up stairs (and there is no elevator).. so that was a dealbreaker for us. As for parking, I'm pretty sure they give everyone vouchers to park at the lot down the street. The venue is so unique and gorgeous! You get special rooms on the third floor for the bridal party which were just so amazing. The pricing was extremely reasonable also, with no surprise taxes or fees added in. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!
  • shlee2484shlee2484 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding there in September 2008 and it was not a good experience. I really did not like the fact that everyone was separated on the ground floor and in the balcony. If you are not having a lot of guests that won't be an issue but I hated being secluded with the bridal party up in one half of the balcony (very boring). The other reason I was not happy was that the food was awful, served cold, and was not enough. Everyone I was with left hungry. I would be very upset if I knew my guests left my reception (after paying however much for food) and went out to eat- which is what a bunch of us ended up doing. I also attended a Christmas party there a few years earlier and the food wasn't terrible that time but wasn't spectacular either.
  • I looked here and it was absolutely beautiful, but like someone said before, there are a lot of stairs and no elevator, so if you have any elderly or handicapped guests, they will have a lot of trouble. I like that there are a lot of nooks and crannies there, and a lot of opportunities for fun photo ops and private moments. Guests will have to park in a parking garage, which I also didn't like, because sometimes Easton gets a little shady at night, but I believe the parking is comped for wedding guests. I thought there were a lot of great things about it there but not enough to overshadow the issue of the elevator (which they won't tell you, unless you ask) and like someone said, if you're not having a lot of people, I can definitely see how it would look empty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards