Pennsylvania
Options

I'M ENGAGED!...and now I need some HELP!

Hello everyone! :)
My boyfriend (fiance....YAY) propsed this past Thursday and I'm so excited I could burst! I want to stand on the top of a mountain and tell the wolrd that I'm marrying my best friend.

I was wondering if you could help me decide on a wedding month. We are thinking between August-November. I've always wanted a November wedding, but now I'm wondering if thats the right decision. Will my colors go? Will everyone be cold? Will I like not being tan (I'm afraid of tanning beds since I had cancer a few years back)? ..... The one thats stressing me out the most, is pictures. I have NO CLUE where to take pictures in the Lehigh Valley area. All of the ones that photographers are showing online are in the Summer where everything is green and beautiful with the sun setting in the background. But in November, it's dark by 4pm and the trees are naked. Will this make for bad pictures? And will I regret the late Fall decision later? HELP! How do you decide????

Any advice would be so greatly appreciate.

xoxo
*S*

Re: I'M ENGAGED!...and now I need some HELP!

• Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your budget, the Stroudsmoor Inn is GORGEOUS!  If I was doing a fall/winter wedding I would definitely do it there as the mountains in the backgorund would look sooooo beautiful that time of year!!  Are yoiu planning a Friday or Saturday wedding?  For a Saturday wedding, you will probably have all your photos taken by 4/5 pm.

We are planning on doing our engagment photos in the fall in downtown Bethlehem, I think it will be absolutely beautiful with all the leaves changing color. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like March & October best for a wedding (Im getting married in early Sept in Vegas, haha, so I guess I didn't stick with my plans) But I am from Berks County and personally think the weather in early October would be perfect, not too cool yet, but you can have an outfoor cocktail hour and then move inside for dinner... ah, I should rethink my wedding (LOL)
    Good luck to ya!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sdozier03sdozier03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Stroudsmoor is reallllllllly pretty. And the mountains are a great idea! That was my next question, where on earth would I take pictures out here???? All we have is the river and some corn! hahaha. I love it though, now I just need to start exploring the area I guess. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just went to a wedding at the Mountain Lake Spring Resort last Friday and that was beautiful as well, but I like the Stroudsmoor better.  You could always do Hotel Bethlehem and do you pictures downtown, but they are a bit overpriced.  Another place we looked at was the Riverview Country Club in Easton, which was gorgeous and too small  for us. 
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh and another helpful hint, my friend is getting married at the Stroudsmoor in January and she negotiated prices like no other for all her vendors including the venue since its not in the peak of May-October, so that's another plus!
  • Options
    emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in October and our reception at Silver Creek Country Club in Hellertown. They have amazing views and their course is beautiful and you can go and take pictures there. Since we got married in Allentown, we did our pictures at the Little Lehigh creek and the covered bridge on Fish Hatchery.

My Best Friend got married at Stroudmoor and her reception was nice. However, after she gave them her deposit they were really difficult to work and communicate with. She wasn't allowed to customize her package at all. I'm not sure if anyone else had this experience as well.

Also, we looked at Morgan Hill. Depending on your guest count and month they have amazing views of the Lehigh Valley. I recommend going to see it ASAP because they do a tent outside and take it down in the fall for the winter months and then it doesn't go back up again until April or so.

Email me at emoran24@yahoo.com and I'd be happy to send you our professional photos so you can see the locations.
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another suggestions for places are Allentown Brew Works.  They have 3 floors of rooms that you can chose between for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.  Then you could have cool pictures in the street at night.  We came very close to having our wedding here but decided we wanted a more traditional venue.  Not sure what look you are going for.  Good luck!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am getting married at the best western in bethlehem.  They just put in a gazebo to have ceremony or they have a place inside.  the place is very nice and elegant.  they have good packages too.  the cake and centerpieces are included.  they can also do an open bar.  The stroudsmoor was much more expensive and didn't seem to include as much. 
    when you pick your photographer he/she will know where to take pictures since they have done so many weddings.  I am going with Celebrations.  They are dj and photography and their work is very good.  they are also reasonably priced.  The owner will also come to your house and meet in person to discuss everything.  He was a very nice guy.
    I think mid to early october would be nice.  There are really nice colors you can use and you can add different touches to the flowers and other decor. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards