Pennsylvania
Options

Engagement photos?

It may already be a topic on here, but I didn't see it.

Anyay, how many of you ladies did engagement photos with your fiance? I am just wondering how soon before the wedding do you do them? Did you do them soon after he proposed? Or did you wait til closer to the wedding and put an announcement in the paper with your photo?

Sorry, I'm a little clueless about this. =P

Re: Engagement photos?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged in August and did ours in November. The photographer we chose for the wedding offered the e-pics session at a super low rate for booking the wedding package. It was a little chilly but they came out nice with the fall leaves in the background. We probably could have waited until Spring since our wedding was the following September, but we wanted to use one of the e-pics on our "save the dates."
    I believe we put the announcement in the paper in June.

I also know some brides that scheduled e-pics as a way to "screen" a potential photographer for their weddings. I think you would be on the right timeline if you had them taken anywhere from 3 - 6 months before the wedding.
    HTH ~ Happy Planning!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    brjm2007brjm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. That helps a bunch. We're not planning on getting married for a few years. We found out right before halloween that we have a little one on the way so we're waiting til little one is a few years old, so that he or she can be involved. =]

I can't wait til LO is here. C'mon July. =]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was also clueless about E-pics, and they were included in our package.  We did not really want engagement pics so we instead worked with our photographer to use our "e-pic session" during our rehearsal dinner so now we'll have pics from the rehearsal and the wedding.  We are so psyched!  Plus, an advantage of doing e-pics is so the photographer can get a feel for the bride and groom, and we are happy he'll get to know us a bit right before the wedding. 

Congrats on your baby! 

• Options
    brjm2007brjm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. Not sure, but we may be getting married sooner than thought. Depends on how the health insurance works out with my new job. It may not be enough to cover the cost of pregnancy. If that's the case, we'll just get married sooner and I'll just go under his insurance from work. But, I really hope that's not the case. I don't want it to look or feel rushed. =/
  • Options
    emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our engagement photos were included with our package. We did ours at the beginning of June and got married in October. I put our engagement annoucement in the paper about 3 months before we got married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards