Pennsylvania
Options

Secluded, woodsy venue

My fiance and I are trying to find the wedding venue perfect for us, but it's proving more difficult than we thought, so I thought I'd pick everyone else's brain for ideas. 
We want a secluded location, with charm and character (like a barn, mill, etc.), and trees.  We are inviting 170, so we are expecting around 150 guests.  Money is a factor, so we are looking for the more budget locations, and we would prefer not to have the wedding be in a tent.  We also would prefer the convenience of an all-inclusive type package, rather than finding the caterer and other rentals separately.  We are looking in the NJ/NY/PA area.
To give you an idea...So far we loved Stroudsmoor's Woodsgate (but feel like our 150 will be squished into the reception room), and Ridgecrest (but can't make the 175 minimum), and loved the view and price of Bear Mountain's Overlook Lodge (but did not like the reception room/cocktail hour hallway). 
If anyone has any ideas for other places for us to check out, we'd love to hear them!

Re: Secluded, woodsy venue

• Options
    The Loft at Sweet Water Country Club, Pennsburg PA

1800s (i think) fully restored barn for the reception. It's on a well-landscaped golf course, with a gazebo for ceremony.

I think the minimum for Saturdays is 125, but they can hold 160ish. Prices range from $70-?? all inclusive depending on what menu options you pick.

We're getting married there in 3 weeks.Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll look into it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_secluded-woodsy-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:624Discussion:715bcda9-fb8a-4fb9-8a65-a79348f80e0bPost:5653f0d0-36df-4352-b375-085acffd1c25">Secluded, woodsy venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are trying to find the wedding venue perfect for us, but it's proving more difficult than we thought, so I thought I'd pick everyone else's brain for ideas.  We want a secluded location, with charm and character (like a barn, mill, etc.), and trees.  We are inviting 170, so we are expecting around 150 guests.  Money is a factor, so we are looking for the more budget locations, and we would prefer not to have the wedding be in a tent.  We also would prefer the convenience of an all-inclusive type package, rather than finding the caterer and other rentals separately.  We are looking in the NJ/NY/PA area. To give you an idea...So far we loved Stroudsmoor's Woodsgate (but feel like our 150 will be squished into the reception room), and Ridgecrest (but can't make the 175 minimum), and loved the view and price of Bear Mountain's Overlook Lodge (but did not like the reception room/cocktail hour hallway).  If anyone has any ideas for other places for us to check out, we'd love to hear them!
    Posted by szammi[/QUOTE]

how about crossed keys?
  • Options
    Crossed Keys sounded nice...but they don't have enough indoor space.  It would have to be in a tent. 
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_secluded-woodsy-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:715bcda9-fb8a-4fb9-8a65-a79348f80e0bPost:b13a9223-7339-4433-afc7-ec56cb9dcf1d">Re: Secluded, woodsy venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Secluded, woodsy venue : how about crossed keys?
    Posted by lsprich22[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards