Pennsylvania

The Meadows in Hellertown?

Has anyone been to a wedding reception here before? My mom's friend suggested it (she got married there 16 years ago). I thought the place was nice, but I the first thing you see when you walk in is a bathroom and I was a little put off by that. My fiance says that I'm too "nit picky" and that I need to start focusing on the "bigger things like food, entertainment and fun" rather than where the bathroom is located. The place has great oppertunities for pictures, and everyone was friendly and willing to work with my budget but I still am hesitant. Help friends, please!

Re: The Meadows in Hellertown?

• undrmysplundrmyspl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to at least three weddings at the meadows in the Andrucci room, and I was thinking about having my reception there as well. The only thing really keeping me from booking is that it does not feel original to me. The same people who had their weddings there will be at my wedding also. Otherwise the place is very nice and I don't recall anything negative about the food or service. They are VERY affordable. I have no experience with the house band. I also did a Google search and read some reviews about the Meadows. Most were great but a few made me nervous. The bad reviews were VERY bad. Hope this helps.
  • sdozier03sdozier03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, it helps alot! I went again today with my mom to take a second look around (at first I was hesitant to agree to having it there)....and I'm so glad that we did! What a nightmare. I mean, iI really did appreciate that they were so willing to work with my budget, but when the owner insults your mom...THATS where I draw the line. Now I see why they were so inexpensive. I'd never reccommend that place to anyone. I've seen 22 venues in the area so far, the one is the lowest on my list. Thanks SO MUCH for solidifying my decision.
  • edited December 2011
    We went there as well but didn`t get a good vibe about the place. We thought they "too willing" to work with our budget and it raised a red flag for us.The other thing we didn`t like is the fact that they could potentially have two or three weddings at the same time. We like to feel more "special" and I want it to be "my"day. I also heard that they flip flap between the DJ and the Band between the weddings. Not sure if that`s true but....
    Our friends are having a wedding there next month, so I will be able to tell you more.
    Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions:)
    Beata 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking at Hellertown, I'd check out Silver Creek Country Club. They were amazing to work with and if you haven't picked your date yet, they offered us a discount if we booked in the same year. That might not be an option for you since it's September but maybe you can negotiate something for the off season next year.

There rooms are beautiful, have a ton of character and their food (and staff) were excellent. I don't have one negative thing to say about them through the entire process.

What other places did you look at? I looked at a ton in this area and could give you some feedback on them from a previous bride's point of view.
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding there myself, but I know people who have been married there and they seemed to like it. I did go to a bridal expo there though a few months ago and the food was absolutely horrendous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peanut133peanut133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We very nearly booked there because they offered us a deal we couldn't refuse. Then when it came time to sign the contract I took my father back- the woman didn't remember us or a single detail about our planned reception. They started singing a very different tune we have a guest list of 300 and her husband was like Of course you can rent out the whole down stairs it will be excellent and the wife looked at us like we were from outer space when we said he had offered this. My FI described it as the assembly line of weddings- in and out- you don't really mean much to them. I also heard they are currently in trouble with the township for making renovations without the authorized permits so I would be a little concerned that this will come back to bite them at an inconvenient time - my wedding day perhaps?! We were so upset that we were back to square one after this experience but I took my package to Deb at Iron Lakes and she was very willing to work with us to provide similar offerings. We have been extremely happy with their service there since. They've renovated the large ballroom and plan to renovate the small early next year. The outside is a little "'70s" but I've seen it decorated so that you barely notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards