Pennsylvania

I think we made a mistake

Let me start by saying that I am a Jersey Bride but only 15 minutes from the PA border and we are looking at places over there for our wedding. We wanted everything in the same place so I started to contact venues online.

I've always dreamed of getting married at the Stroudsmoor Inn and this past weekend we went to see it. It was stunning and everything I hoped it would be. I think we should have seen other venues before taking a trip to my dream location because now I can't get it out of my head and I am comparing everything to it.

Suggestions to places similar to the Stroudsmoor that we could look at? We want to stay around the Stroudsburg/Pocono area. Thanks
Adopt a shelter pet

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: I think we made a mistake

• edited December 2011

Is it more expensive than you budgeted for? Or how come you're not using the Inn? There are alot of old movie theaters, B&Bs, restaurants, in PA. What towns are you looking in? Just Stroudsburg? What's your theme? Try the Sherman Theater. It's old-school. It's cheap to rent...or at least it used to be! I used to do marketing for a few bands and they held concerts in there alot.

• MS0710MS0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's at the high end of our budget but still in it. We may use it - I want to - I just want to look at others as well. No matter what I do I can't get the view and beauty of it out of my head.

We are looking at more of the Stroudsburg and Pocono area... It's just so nice up there. We don't really have a theme but we plan on doing an outdoor ceremony and inside reception all at the same place.
    Adopt a shelter pet

• edited December 2011
    Ehrhardt's Waterfront Resort was an amazing experience.  I can't rave enough, and the view out back on the water is gorgeous!
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's bad that you fell in love with a place.  I'm getting married at the Shawnee Inn which is about a 15 minute drive from the Stroudsmoor.  My parents have had timeshare there since I was little and I knew since I was 10 that's where I wanted to get married.  It's the only venue I looked at and we put a deposit down right away.  No regrets.  You just have to be sure of your decision.

You can check out Shawnee if you'd be more comfortable looking at other options, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind Smile
  • NatashaYFNatashaYF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first place I looked at is the place I booked and I knew I was going to from the minute I saw it.  I looked at another place the next morning just to keep my options open but my mom even knew it wouldn't shake my decision.  If you feel it's right, then go for it because you'll always think 'what if' if you pass something up that you really like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
    image 55 Are ready to celebrate! image 22 Are missing out! image 5 Are MIA!
  • MS0710MS0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you, seriously. You all made this so much easier. I think we are going to do it!!!

::insert happy dance here::

Adopt a shelter pet

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards