Pennsylvania

Bridal shower

Im completely confused with the whole bridal shower thing. Do i have to invite all the women from the shower to the wedding? My mom is telling me no and a firend from work is telling me yes. Now my mother went to a bridal shower about a year  ago and she was never invitied to the wedding so,im completly confused.
Beth Dries

Re: Bridal shower

• edited December 2011
    If you invite them to the shower then yes they need to be invited to the wedding. However, you do not have to invite every woman thats invited to the wedding to the shower. Just close friends and family. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    1)  If you are invited to a shower you must be invited to the wedding.

......A)  EXCEPTION:  a shower that is thrown by coworkers and only has coworkers in attendance does not mean that all people attending must be invited to the wedding.  Sometimes coworkers do something nice, understanding that they may not be invited to the wedding.  YOU as the bride do not instigate anything in this exception.

2)  Do not invite every woman invited to the wedding unless you are having like 30 people at your wedding.  We invited 100 women (220 people total) to the wedding and we invited 35 women to the shower.  It was CLOSE friends and family - not distant family, people's girlfriends/fiances/wives, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards