Pennsylvania
Options

Shuttles?

My fiance and I are hoping to have our reception at Penns Peak next fall, were having the ceremony in Tennessee with just our parents. Its about an hour and 30 mins from where we live. He suggested we rent a bus to get people there. I was planning on blocking rooms at a local hotel and thought he meant a shuttle from the hotel there, but he means from Philly to Penns Peak. I can only image how much it would cost to rent a bus to ship that many people up there? Has anyone done this or heard of doing something like this? I feel that if they dont wanna drive the hour and a half then thats okay if they dont come. But if its for drinking reasons, then they should no better to not get completely wasted knowing they have to drive and hour and half. Or they should plan on staying in town, right?

Re: Shuttles?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, unless most of your guests are people without cars (like as a now-New Yorker, I don't have anymore) I doubt this makes much sense.  
    We did the shuttle before and after the reception to the hotel -- and it was GREAT.  It allowed people to drink and party at the reception...we then had an afterparty after the wedding where people got ...very drunk...and then they took the shuttle to the hotel where apparently the parties didn't stop until 4am.  And I'm not talking our college friends -- I mean my square parents, cousins, grandmother, etc. etc.  It was a blast.

honestly, I think the worst part of the idea is that you're going to put drunk people on a bus for 90 minutes.  We had 3 people throw up on our shuttle bus and it was a 15 minute drive.  If you have people who party, it may get messy.  I'd rather sleep in the town with the wedding and go back in the AM.
  • Options
    emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our hotel (Holiday Inn off I78) provided us a shuttle for $60 for the entire day(so we got 2). About 100 of our 140 guests were from out of town so we took them to and from the church and the reception.

In your case I wouldn't get a shuttle from Philly to the venue. If people want to stay, find a local hotel that will give you a room block. We've been to plently of out of town weddings where we've spent the night and had a great time. Also, I don't think your guests expect you to provide transportation to and from your own wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Need a shuttle  bus to  & from wedding reception up in JImThorpe.  The hampton inn canceled their shuttle in Lehighton after we already notified people of the free shuttle when u book the room!
    Any cheap shuttle services out there? Please suggestions are most welcome - our wedding is 10/1/11 at Flagstaff Ballroom in Jim thorpe pa
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I'm sorry I dont have any information about Shuttles, but I just came across this posting and I wanted to ask if anyone has been to wedding receptions at Penn's Peak or Flagstaff? I'm curious as to how the food is at both venues? Any information anyone can provide would be great. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards