Pennsylvania

Picking my colors!

I have been trying to figure out a color for my bridesmaids dresses and whatnot and I really like this Horizon blue (you can find it on Davidsbridal.com). However, I brought it up to my maid of honor (my fiancee's sister) and she despises not only the Horizon color but any other blue shade. I really like this color, it reminds me of the lakes and since I can't get married on one, I figured I can "bring it to me." But, I don't want to force her to wear something she is going to hate. My original thoughts was to have the Horizon for the dresses and pink (salmon) flowers, but now I just don't know what to do...Any ideas/opinions would be very helpful. Thanks

Re: Picking my colors!

• edited December 2011
    Tell her that's the color you picked but let her choose the style.  But it is YOUR wedding - tell her your reason why you want it.
  • edited December 2011
    If she despises blue in general, then I don't think any choice you make will suit her. I would suggest taking her to David's and having her try on something in that shade, and photograph her in it. It is a very vibrant shade of blue but she may come around once she actually has it on. I would also start gathering photos (if you haven't already) to show her how nice that combo will look for the wedding. 

I found these:
    http://tinyurl.com/yhe27fd

David's Marine blue is also gorgeous with pink flowers!!! Here is a good shot of that shade along with varying style dresses.

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    Are you having any other colors in your wedding? Maybe she can wear one of your accent colors and the rest of the BM's where the blue? All in all it's your wedding and YOU need to be happy with it.
  • edited December 2011
    Gina brings up a good point! I'ts popular now for the MOH to wear a different color than the bridesmaids. Maybe this is an option you would like to consider!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011

it's your wedding! You deserve the color you want. Like someone else said, maybe she could help pick out the style.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards