Canada-Vancouver

2 Bridal Showers

I live in Vancouver and so does my whole side of the family. My fiance and his whole family are from/on vancouver island which is where our wedding will  be.

My maid of honor is throwing me a bridal shower in vancouver and my FMIL wants to throw me one on the island. Is it odd to have 2 bridal showers? Can I expect my bridesmaids to attend both showers even though it will mean making 2 seperate trips to the island?

Re: 2 Bridal Showers

• edited December 2011
    It's fine to have two showers, as long as the guests to both are also invited to the wedding.  I would say don't expect your BM's to attend both though.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  Enjoy your showers.
  • edited December 2011
    The exact same scenario just happened with my best girlfriend and I was one of her BMs. We threw her a shower in Vancouver and her fiance's family threw her one on the Island. As her BM, she did not expect us to attend the one on the Island. Enjoy!
  • asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem! This way people from both area can shower you! Enjoy! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone :D
  • edited December 2011
    Luck you! Have fun! I think it's becoming common to have more than one, especially when you have guests/family from different areas!
  • edited December 2011
    Showers used to be, a generation ago, for the women in your life who were NOT invited to the wedding so that they could still shower you with love and gifts. I think it's completely normal to have more than one shower (I'm having 3) and all of the women do NOT have to be invited to the wedding. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-vancouver_2-bridal-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:625Discussion:363b3c83-e1a5-440d-8141-7e883a40c2e3Post:26d72a9b-0791-43ff-8b14-14da9f5520ea">Re: 2 Bridal Showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Showers used to be, a generation ago, for the women in your life who were NOT invited to the wedding so that they could still shower you with love and gifts. I think it's completely normal to have more than one shower (I'm having 3) <strong>and all of the women do NOT have to be invited to the wedding.</strong> 
    Posted by CarlaD87[/QUOTE]

<div>If they are invited to a pre-wedding party - they MUST be invited to the wedding....it's proper etiquette!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    i would not formally invite anyone to a shower who wasnt invited to the wedding, if the person throwing the shower invites other people (from your church or family or whatever) i would be ok with that, but not if i was the one telling them who to invite.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards