Canada-Vancouver
Options

The Wedding Yacht - Vancouver Reception Venue Review

Hello fellow brides/grooms

This is my vendor review for The Wedding Yacht in Coal Harbour, BC (Downtown Vancouver). I got married there in 2010, but wanted to write this review because they have been getting a lot of attention lately from the BC Wedding Awards (they won for best wedding reception venue- alternative location) in NOvember 2011. I must say that all the positive attention they are getting is WELL deserved.

I found The Wedding Yacht by walking by the Sea Wall in 2009, and booked a few months later. The yacht is gorgeous and the only company I would trust for a yacht wedding in Vancouver. I visited all of their "competitors" but no other yacht could compare... these guys are in a class of their own, and now compete with the higher end venues in Vancouver (they won the BC Wedding Award beating out Brock House and the Aquarium).

I didnt really have to worry about much except for wedding invitations and a dress on my end... Elizabeth (my Planner at the company) took care of all the decor and set up for me, and all I had to decide on was the wedding menu. I loved it because Elizabeth's skill and advice was included in my package price (around $110 per person.. I had 100 people). Very helpful and she was extraordinary.

For my buffet I had a seafood tower (with prawns and crab) to start, then had Coq Au Vin, Prime Rib, and a few salads and sides. All of the food is made on board, and their Chef is wonderful. She shops at local markets and is a proponant of the "100 mile rule" meaning she gets all her food from local, sustainable and organic suppliers. My guests loved all the food. It was a huge hit and we got to meet the chef and her team prior to the wedding.

The ship's decor is very chic.. the boat has three levels, and is furnished with white leather furniture (goes well with a wedding!) and crystal lighting and accents. We didnt really need much for extra decor, just flowers and some extra pillars and lighting for the top deck.

My wedding was just perfect on board this ship. Everything was taken care of, and my goal of a "luxury" wedding was definitely attained. My guests were wowed by the service, decor and food, and the yacht looked stunning for our wedding.

Thank you to everyone at the yacht for making my day so fabulous :)

http://www.theweddingyacht.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards