Canada-Vancouver

Victoria, BC Wedding Vendor Reviews

I haven't posted anything on the boards here before, but thought I'd put up reviews of all my vendors from my July 15 wedding, since they can be hard to come by for Victoria! Our wedding actually took place in the North Saanich and Sidney areas, but most of the vendors work out of Victoria.

Reception Venue:
Capital City Yacht Club
This is an amazing venue, lovely modern architecture with high wood ceilings and a large dance floor. It is also an absolute bargain in terms of rental price, much much cheaper than anything else I came across short of having the wedding in someone's home. The only slight catch is that you have to know someone who is a member in order to use the facility. At present the club allows you to bring in your own caterer and bartenders, so we were able to save a lot of money on alcohol by just buying it all ourselves and having one of the catering staff serve it (getting the liquor license was a bit of a challenge, but not a problem in the end). There is no "event coordinator" like some locations have, so we had to organise everything ourselves, but I guess you could hire a planner if you were not comfortable with this. The club also has lots of parking.  9/10

Wine:
Everything Wine in Langford
The staff were very helpful, they advised us to come in on a day when there would be a sale on and we could taste all the discounted wines. Everything seemed very well organised, and we got a 5% discount on everything as well as free delivery. We were also able to return anything which was not opened. The only problem came on the wedding day when they did not show up with the delivery on time. This probably would not have been a problem if they had just let us know what time they would actually be there. They called to say they were on their way, then did not show up for about 2 hours, and the groom and groomsmen were waiting to sign for the delivery and unload everything. 7/10

Beer:
Vancouver Island Brewery
Easy to deal with, absolutely no issues. The keg rental and all the equipment went over very well! 10/10

Band:
The Atomic Allstars
We thoroughly enjoyed these guys, and had a lot of positive feedback about them from guests. There were always lots of people up dancing. Only issue was they did not clarify who the cheque needed to be made out to, so after making it out to the band I was told they could not cash it, and I had to fix this the week after the wedding. 9/10

Officiant:
Tami Heywood
I cannot say enough good things about Tami! She was absolutely wonderful! So warm and friendly, and she really made the ceremony feel special and unique. 10/10

Florist:
Chocolate Lily Floral Design http://www.chocolatelilyfloral.com/
Fabulous, easy to work with, and delivered absolutely beautiful flowers! I was really really particular about what I wanted, and these girls delivered 100%. They even somehow found peonies in the middle of July, which I had totally given up on being possible!  10/10

Cake:
Murchies
We ordered the Marie Antoinette cake, which was delicious, and Jacques the pastry chef even decorated it with sugar flowers we supplied that my mum had made. 9/10

Decorators:
Charming Decor http://charmingdecor.ca/
I desperately wanted chair covers, because I have been traumatized by ugly chairs in photos at weddings, so finding rentals was a must. We ended up just going with rental and set-up because we decided that for the small additional cost of having everything set up, it would be worth it to have less stress on the wedding day. We rented chair covers and sashes, table cloths, sheer overlays, napkins, and hanging lanterns. Danielle and Franziska did an amazing job, and the room looked just as I wanted. 10/10

Caterer:
Amy Loewen
Amy is a chef who has worked with Truffles catering, but is starting up her own business, so the price was right for us. She was very accommodating and even used salad greens from a specific farm we wanted. 9/10

Limo:
Arbutus Limousine
Our driver was Frederick, who was very professional. Their prices are the best in town, as well!  10/10

Photographer:
Ryan MacDonald
We have not got the photos back yet, but Ryan was very easy to work with and we hardly knew she was there!

Dress:
Alida's Gowns in Sidney  http://alidasgowns.com/
I actually bought my dress in Australia, but Alida did all the alterations and also made me a lace jacket. I was extremely impressed by both the jacket as well as the very intricate 8 point bustle she put into the dress, which I think looked even nicer the the dress with the train out! 10/10

Hair:
Dwane Mathews of Artist Salon
Dwane came to my parents' house where we were getting ready, and did an amazing job on everyone's hair. Highly recommended. 10/10

Make-up:
Erin Bradley  http://www.erinbradleymakeup.com
I loved my makeup on my wedding day even more than the trial I did with Erin! She did a great job. 10/10

I think that is just about everyone!

Message me if you have any questions about any of these vendors!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Re: Victoria, BC Wedding Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards