Canada-Vancouver
Options

Outdoor Wedding

Hi everyone!

So, I'm hoping one of you knows of a hidden Jem in the lower mainland :)

We're staying on a strict low budget so that we can splurge on a honeymoon instead.

We were thinking of the best way to do this would be a backyard BBQ wedding...but not so! The added costs of a tent alone, blows the budget. But, I've kinda started liking the idea of a BBQ party outside, with lights hanging from trees etc etc etc.

Anyone know of a park with a large built shelter? Or anything? I'm kinda out of ideas to make something like this working. Parks tend to be near to free, but I'm definitely open to any suggestions :)

Thanks

D

Re: Outdoor Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to picnics/BBQ's at a park in Ladner.  It has shelters for tables, etc.  I can't remember the name of the park offhand though - sorry!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks any way! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not sure if youve already booked..
    but the Marriott Hotel downtown has a rooftop patio, and they do custom menu's for brides... so bbq for sure would work.... I

good luck hunting that sounds like an awesome idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jericho Park has a small shelter and tons of areas, but you'd have to contact the city about reserving it and I'm pretty sure the consumption of alcohol in any of the public parks is prohibited.  Granville Island also has a small picnic area that can be reserved, as well as the market square.  VanDussen Botanical Gardens will do outdoor ceremonies and receptions, but they are pricey.  Cecil Green Park at UBC is reasonably priced for the day and I believe they provide the chairs, tables, tenting, etc.  A friend of mine got married there, on a budget as well, and loved it.  They book up fast though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    many many parks will offer this kind of thing...look up the city's official website for whichever city you are interesed in and they will tell you rates and/or how to get more information.
    ie:
    http://vancouver.ca/parks

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    elellingsonelellingson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the pavillion at Peace Arch Park near the border in White Rock. It was SO cheap and turned out to be really beautiful, but took a lot of extra planning. You should check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards