Canada-Vancouver

Inspirational idea/theme needed

Hello ladies! This is my first post on the Knot :)

Our wedding is next August and I have figured out my colours (eggplant purple and light greens). It's an outdoor wedding at a golf course with an indoor reception.  I am looking for neat ideas as inspiration for a mini-theme that I can tie everything together with. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Shannon

Re: Inspirational idea/theme needed

• Cameron2011Cameron2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's hard to suggest a " theme" i find themes very personal. usually couples use a theme that says something about them.  My fiance and I are also getting married next august and we are huge hockey fans so we've included little things into our wedding such as our colours are the canuck green and blue. we may have a hockey stick that people can sign for us., or chocolate hockey pucks at favours etc... some people have gothic, halloween, 1940's vintage, beach, "go green" themes depending on what they are into.  some people use how they met as a theme. the best man in our wedding got married last august and he met his wife in mexico, so they danced to latin songs, and had a beach theme invitation.
    weddings should say something about you as a couple and who you are.
    hope that helps abit :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your ideas, and yes it does help :)  I like the idea of finding  a creative way to incorporate us as a couple into the wedding. I was also thinking maybe the "theme" could be colour, shape, or some design of some sort so I'm going to keep on searching. Thanks for your post, go Canucks go!!

Shannon
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Shannon, try looking on websites for inspiration.
    My personal guilty pleasure is wedding gawker
    enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards