Canada-Alberta

Venue Ideas - Calgary

Hello Ladies

I need some help! Do you know of any places thats unique and does not need alot of decorating? My colors pretty much go with everything! Does not have to be in Calgary but in the surrounding area!

Re: Venue Ideas - Calgary

• sheena_fsheena_f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Zoo, in the brand new conservatory. Seeing as it is an indoor garden, I am not doing any decorations, other then centre peices for the reception!

• edited December 2011
    I heard the wedding pavillon is expensive and gives you ZERO choices, you have to use everything they provide (including a photographer who I've heard was the biggest problem of all). My decorator had a bride pretty much almost cancel because she wasn't allowed to bring in sashes for the chairs. They finally caved but it was a huge ordeal.

There are tons of halls depending on how formal or how many people you plan on having. Canyon Meadows hall, Bearspaw Lifestyle Community Center, or hotels like the Blackfoot Inn, Glenmore Inn, and of course the Al Azar Shiners are some places to check out.

The shiners center is nice and everything is all together. Canyon Meadows is smaller. There is another hall that is north of John Laurie (I can't remember!) in the NW that has a nice hall on a hill.

I heard that Cochrane has some nice places too, but they are very strict about noise. I was told you have to be quiet at 11pm.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I heard the Zoo is a good place as well. Someone I know is getting married there this July.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies - There are some great venues in Banff. The one we went with is the Banff Park Lodge. Depending on your budget, the Juniper is really really nice.  Also, check out the Carriage House Inn.  Their rooms are really nice, but depending on the size of your wedding will depend on the room cost. 
  • edited December 2011
    Banff is beautiful too.

The hall I was talking about was in Edgemont. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe the Pavillion suits you but I agree with the other poster that the pavillion will probably get worse closer to your wedding date!  FH sister got married there! it was a nice wedding but they were not allowed to use there own DJ without a fight and this and that!!!!  Photographer was out of the question you had to use there's!!!!!!  the list goes on and on!!!!!!

I agree though that the price is great for what you get!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for space only the Balzac Hall just outside Calgary is great! It has a dance floor and seating area for up to 200(ish). You can decorate if you want but don't need to. Price is great! But you have get your own caterers/DJ/decorations/whatever else you want.
    I'm doing my wedding there next June.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Cochrane Ranche House, it's gorgeous and affordable!  You have a couple caterers to choose from and you can supply your own booze!!!  Our friends like to drink so this will really help us be able to have an open bar :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies we went with none of the above and were shocked to find a hall that I absolutly had to book (we did not want a hall) We are putting our deposit down next week!!!

We are now just looking for a ceremony site so if you can offer any help on that I would appreciate it. It has to be Central by SAIT!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for an outside ceremony site why don't your try Confederation Park? It is just north on 14th street and about 5 minutes away from Sait. It is beautiful there. I went to a wedding there last week and fell in love.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards