Canada-Alberta
Options

Bridesmaid trouble :(

I'm scared one of my bridesmaids might flake out on me...and my wedding is in 5 weeks. Is there anything I can do?! She has backed out of all of my bridal showers, including the only one I really wanted her at. I'm frustrated because she is currently living in another city and is not making much effort to travel for a weekend or two...

Re: Bridesmaid trouble :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh dear... this really sucks, but i feel your pain. i am getting married in 5 days, and last monday my MOH flaked out and quit... needless to say she's a b!tch... which is a fantastic understatement. i personally would let her quit, if she doesn't care about you enough to want to have anything to do with your showers etc. then obviously she doesn't care about you enough to stand for you at your wedding. what is she to you? a cousin, sister, friend? if she's not family, then i say let her go. regardless, i would at least talk to her about it, maybe she has a good reason for being uninterested, or maybe she's got other stuff going on that is preventing her from being the BM she should be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2_B_A_WIFE2_B_A_WIFE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh my oh my...well i had the same problem (well not EXACTLY the same prob but similar)i had to let my MOH go, she has been great about it and still came to my shower/stagette and is helping more than ever with the things i needed help with. Who knows, if you have the same kinda luck i did you guys will be closer than before. and she should realize that this is about your wedding, not about her. After all, your only a bride once. I hope everything turns out well for you and in the end your still getting married whether shes in the wedding or not.TCFN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My little man all ready to bat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards