Canada-Alberta
Options

hello everyone :)

Hello fellow brides! I just wanted to introduce myself on the board.  I'm having my destination wedding in Banff in July (I live in Boston).  Everything is pretty much planned except I havent found the limo company yet. 

Anyone have any ideas for transportation companies in the Banff area? I was thinking of renting a vintage car for me & my dad (on way to ceremony) and me & groom (after ceremony).  And maybe a trolley for the wedding party.  Thoughts?

Re: hello everyone :)

• Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kind of funny, I live in Edmonton and am getting married in NH (Seacoast area, less than an hour from Boston). This is a very very quiet Board, I don't have any specific recommendations for you but keep checking back someone may eventually offer some suggestions. Otherwise I would recommend looking in the Calgary area as well if you are having trouble finding in Banff, they are pretty close and you may find a company that will travel.
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    Sonya32575Sonya32575 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH my goodness!! That is so funny! I am originally from NH!  Let me guess, are you getting married in the Portsmouth, NH area?  The NH seacoast is very pretty.

I have lots of experience planning weddings in the New England areal, so if you need any help, please let me know.  I'm happy to help out a fellow "destination bride" :) 
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha close, we are actually getting married at Huddleston Hall (UNH) in Durham.
    The reception is at The New England Center! My parents live in Exeter so they have helped a lot, I am from NH originally! Let me know if you have any questions  about Alberta as well! Banff is gorgeous I was just there at Christmas!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
  • Options
    Sonya32575Sonya32575 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow!  what a small world!  How did you end up in Edmonton? 

I've heard good things about that venue.  It'll be beautiful, I'm sure :)  

Thank you!  I'm soooo excited for the wedding.  Yours is right around the corner!  You must be getting very excited too!  
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to University in Canada (East Coast), where I met FI. We live in Edmonton because of his profession. I have no idea how long we will be here, but it is definitely different from NH!

Where in Banff are you getting married?

TTC #1 Since July 2011
  • Options
    trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not get your hopes up for a trolley!  And don't book something in Calgary (about an hour away)
    Here is a link to find limo's car rentals in Banff.
    http://www.banfflakelouise.com/visitor-information/getting-around/car-rental.

If you have any other questions let me know, I live and work here!
    Trish
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards