Canada-Alberta
Options

Any Brides from Lethbridge

Just wondering if there are any brides from Lethbridge.
I just started planning our wedding and I am a little lost about where to start.

Re: Any Brides from Lethbridge

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually a bride in Lethbridge... but I'm getting married in Ontario.

I'm excited to have another Knottie in the area... When are you getting married?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    joanithegreatjoanithegreat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June 4th 2011 is what we are planning on, we haven't booked a venue yet so that may change.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's exciting!!
    Have you looked at Venue's yet??  I already knew where I wanted to get married... though since it's in my hometown it was a bit different.  Sometimes I wish I had of decided to get married here. Would have been WAY cheaper.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am a bride in Lethbridge but I am getting married in Canmore so I am not much help either.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_brides-lethbridge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:626Discussion:5883c887-7bab-479c-8e7e-d9e8c5218814Post:309ab870-22a3-43a4-b62e-5ebb24edd6ad">Re: Any Brides from Lethbridge</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's exciting!! Have you looked at Venue's yet??  I already knew where I wanted to get married... though since it's in my hometown it was a bit different.  Sometimes I wish I had of decided to get married here. Would have been WAY cheaper.
    Posted by smellymm83[/QUOTE]
    Still have not booked a venue :(  We need to finalize our guest list first. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a Bride in Lethbridge, our Ceremony will be held at the Anglican Church, and the reception at the Coast Hotel, September 24, 2011
  • Options
    jocelynblackjocelynblack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am a Bridge in Lethbridge....We are getting married Sept 3, 2011, we don't have a ceremony site yet, but we are also having out reception at the Coast!!! Such a beautiful place.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from Lethbridge (Coaldale) as well ... however am not getting married until June 2012. I am overwhelmed as to where to even start!!

Anyone going to the wedding show this weekend?
  • Options
    kittieikittiei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a bride from Lethbridge, we're not getting married until Sept 2012 though. We've already put ourselves on the waiting list for the Coast Hotel. I wouldn't wait too long to book a venue. I don't think you need to finalize your guest list to book a place, you just need a rough number so that you know if the venue is big enough. Once you've got that booked, you can worry about finalizing the list for the caterer and stuff.

We're looking into the College Community Church for the ceremony. I haven't checked yet but I heard that it's a fair price and you can bring your own officiant so you can just use a justice of the peace if that's what you want.

It's definitely overwhelming! There's so much to do. Even though I have 18 months to do it, I still feel like it might not all get done :)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_brides-lethbridge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:626Discussion:5883c887-7bab-479c-8e7e-d9e8c5218814Post:79b28030-3a0d-443e-b953-72d68d3a81aa">Re: Any Brides from Lethbridge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also a bride from Lethbridge, we're not getting married until Sept 2012 though. We've already put ourselves on the waiting list for the Coast Hotel. I wouldn't wait too long to book a venue. I don't think you need to finalize your guest list to book a place, you just need a rough number so that you know if the venue is big enough. Once you've got that booked, you can worry about finalizing the list for the caterer and stuff. <strong>We're looking into the College Community Church</strong> for the ceremony. I haven't checked yet but I heard that it's a fair price and you can bring your own officiant so you can just use a justice of the peace if that's what you want. It's definitely overwhelming! There's so much to do. Even though I have 18 months to do it, I still feel like it might not all get done :) Good luck!
    Posted by kittiei[/QUOTE]

That is where my cousin got married, it is a very nice church. 
    Don't feel stressed, 18 months is plenty of time to get everything done.   I have planned our wedding in less than 8 months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were getting Married on October 1st, 2011 :)
    Mrs. Rucker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards