Canada-Alberta
Options

Florist

Hey everybody
Appreciate any help you can give me!
I am looking into various different ideas for flowers and am kind of overwhelmed by the sheer number of florists. I was wondering about anyone who might have used a florist in Calgary or who went the wholesale route eg costco  or whatever. I would be super excited to hear about any experiences people have had
Thanks and Happy Planning
S

Re: Florist

• Options
    Charmaine85Charmaine85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So my wedding has yet to come up, but we are using Occasional Bloom! I've met with Tracey a couple of time, she is a great person and very accomadating! I've had a few vendors that don't respond to emails or phone calls, so I really appreciate that she contacts me right away. Her website didn't show alot of things I was looking for in my wedding, but she showed me some of her books and they look great. She is also very willing to work with you on budget, although her estimate was right in what I wanted to spend so I had no problems with that.

Hope that gives you something! I know it's a little overwhelming!
  • Options
    nursebratlandnursebratland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with "It's A Jungle" flower shop - just outside of Calgary in Carstairs. I'm soo excited for my flowers! The owner is AWESOME and will work with your budget and get you what you want. Her website is www.sparklingdahlia.com. I've heard that it's a lot of work to do your own, unless your wedding is really small. But personally I think the pros know the ins and outs of what looks good, how to get flowers to last, etc. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I'm from Carstairs but now live in Calgary.  its always weird when someone mentions it because no one knows where it is lol

sorry for the hijack :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards