Canada-Alberta

Edmonton Wedding Venue - Suggestions??

Hello!

I am newly engaged, and have been looking for a venue in Edmonton to have our ceremony/reception. 

Here is a starting list I have made of places that I found interesting:
-Northern Bear Golf (Sh Park)
-Winspear
-Snow Valley
-Oasis

Would anyone have any reviews/suggestions/recommendations on some of the venues I have listed, or venues they have been to??
The advice would be great!!!

Re: Edmonton Wedding Venue - Suggestions??

• we're having our wedding at the sawmill banquet center, very reasonable prices, paul is great to work with and the food is yummy!

we also considered:
    -chateau louis (by kingsway)
    -old timers cabins (on scona hill)
    -millwoods golf course (very reasonable prices)
    -german canadian cultural center (on roper road, close to 75th st)
    -leefield hall (community leauge but very nice!)
    -pioneer meadows (newly renovated, good prices)
  • I attended one wedding with the ceremony and reception at the Faculty Club at the U of A campus. It's really nice for a small wedding (I think there were around 150 guests).

Another recent wedding had a ceremony in a church, and the reception was at the Petroleum Club, a surprisingly nice venue!

What size wedding are you planning?
  • Woodvale Hall at the millwoods golf course is gorgeous and really reasonable for prices - they book up FAST - we booked 16 months before our date and we didnt even get the date we wanted because they were booked up 18 months in advance for the summer.
  • My reception is going to be at the Kinsmen Korral.  Very beautiful place.  They also donate any money made over their expenses back into the community.  Stony the manager is awesome to work with.
  • My brother got married at the Winspear.  It was nice.  They do them on the third floor lobby, not actually in the theeatre.  SIL brought in an archway she had made/decorated and the got married on the stairs.  Again, it was nice, but nothing amazingly special.  They did get some amazing photos though on the main floor with the photographers on the third floor balcony looking down 

• We looked into the Oasis, the conclusion was that their prices were not justified by their services (which is what they claimed). In the end we went with the Transalta Arts Barn, with the runner up being the top of the inn at the Delta South.
  • hotels IMO are all overpriced, especially corkage or bar prices. and the winspear and oasis center are INSANE expensive for what they offer and you will spend a ton of money decorating the winspear because it literally is a blank slate.

Ellerslie rugby club is good and I recently saw a wedding on weddingobsession.com of a wedding at the croatian soccer club that was GORGEOUS!
  • We are  doing everything at the Petroleum Club. It's a beautiful venue and they are so far great to work with. I think you need to decide how big you want your wedding to be first then look at the venues that will be able to accommodate that number of people and still be within your price range. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm doing my ceremony at Hastings Lake Gardens and then back to Sherwood Park for the reception at A.J. Otewell Community Hall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm currently planning and looking at a lot of different venues. We really want a small 50- 60 person garden wedding, possibly brunch. So far we're looking at Rutherford House, Latitude 53 gallery, and The Enjoy Center.
  • I realize this has been quite some time but my fiancé and I just booked millwoods golf course and their prices were by far the most reasonably in SW edmonton. Margaret is also very pleasant to deal with and is genuinely interested in her couples! We looked at meridian banquet hall which was too big for our guest list 150 for dinner, 50 extra at the dance). The dance floor is HUGE and even If 75% of the guests were dancing it would have looked empty. We also went to Red Tail Landing and although the venue was nice, there were a few things that rubbed us the wrong way. First and foremost was Dean their banquet manager/chef. He was so arrogant and fixated on how great he was it was a distraction and an attitude I knew I couldn't deal with for 14 months. Also was their corkage bar, you have to buy THEIR alcohol which is easily $4+ more per bottle than a liquor store, kind of defeats the purpose of corkage bar if you ask me! also, we told the guy that we wanted two bartenders all night and he refused to listen to us, insisting that we would only need one bartender for 200 guests, and she would deal with cash! How about you listen to your couple and take their extra 175 dollars! The statement ofMillwoods booking up early is absolutely true! We booked at the end of may 2013 for September 2014 and we had to take our second choice! Happy hunting Edmonton Brides :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards