Canada-Alberta

just started planning

Hello Everyone,
I have just started planning my wedding and my fiancee and I are debating between a fancy Vegas wedding or one here in Edmonton. If we choose Vegas our list is reduced drastically and it will still be pricy. Having it here allows for some more people and to not have the stress of a destination.
I have looked in hotels so far in Edmonton, has anyone found a terrific venue with a good price? What is a good price per person anyway?
Any info would be apprciated.

Thanks.

Re: just started planning

• edited December 2011
    Are you stuck on a hotel?  If you are looking to save money, choosing a venue that allows you to bring in your own caterer will save you at least $20/head on food.  But's totally up to you!

I have a few contacts and ideas.... How many guests are you expecting?
  • meaghan333meaghan333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking, I just emailed every hotel/golf course/restuarant in the area that could hold the amount of people I needed.  Everyone has a standard package that they'll send you, with prices to rent the room and catering. 

If you're looking at hotels, I found that it started around $40 for plated, and $50 for buffet (although I was pretty limited, due to having a large wedding so I wasn't looking at smaller hotels/restaurants).  Golf courses were around $30 for a buffet, and community halls usually had a caterer they would recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards