Canada-Alberta

Reception Venue in Banff/Canmore

Hi everyone,  

Was wondering if anyone could help out.

We're on a tight budget, and both sides of our family are huge. Any one have ideas for a reception venue in Banff or Canmore that could accommodate 180ppl, that doesnt cost more than $37 a plate?  Obviously we know Banff Springs, Rimrock, Banff Park Lodge and out. 

I know that this entire situation will probably only be solved by having the wedding in Calgary, but, we both just so love the mountains.....  sigh...

thanks for the help

Re: Reception Venue in Banff/Canmore

• trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rec centre in banff might be done by then.  shouldn't be too high priced.  You could also try the rec centre in canmore.  I don't think you'll find many places in banff/canmore for that many people and under 37 a plate. 
    Good Luck
    Trish
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • carla.jeancarla.jean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks Trish...  yeah we contacted the rec center in Banff and they have already pushed back the date twice since we talked to them 2 weeks ago.  Looking into late nov for an opening, but even still, they arent able to give us a room capacity idea.

Your help is much appreciated!
    Carla
  • trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just had our reception at the Lake Louise inn-about $27 a head but I think it's too small for your amount of ppl.  I think the limit is 110.  you could also try the Canmore Golf and Curling club-although not sure of prices
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you cut the number of people to 150 there are a lot more options.... (I am in the same boat currently)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards