Maryland

Small Wedding Ideas

Hi All,

I've seen a lot of beautiful venue sites recommended by some of you in other posts... but I'm wondering if there are additional places to consider for small weddings.

We are probably going to have 35-40 people and I'm afraid of getting anything too formal for such a small crowd.

Just curious if anyone else is having a small wedding in maryland and/or if anyone has ideas on this.  Ugh picking a venue is hard!  I've been searching online all day.
October 2011 Siggy Challenge - Wedding PreviewimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Planning Bio

Re: Small Wedding Ideas

• jillybean720jillybean720 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm only doing a small wedding locally (large reception afterwards back in my hometown). We are looking at about 40-50 guests, and we've booked the VisArts art gallery in Rockville, MD. I'm very excited about it - lots of other spaces were either WAY too big for our small group or were too informal, whereas this fits us pretty perfectly!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_small-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:0e73c4cd-613d-43d3-95fc-b6c26608736ePost:4b8d0706-98ae-411d-8e6c-f143de7e8890">Re: Small Wedding Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE] lots of other spaces were either WAY too big for our small group or were too informal
    Posted by jillybean720[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

But I'm glad you finally found the perfect fit!  An art gallery is a good idea.  My mom also suggested a winery.  I'll have to check both those out.  Thanks!
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge - Wedding PreviewimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Planning Bio
  • mandamarie81mandamarie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just having our immediate families and guests (about 20 people).  We're having an outside ceremony at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa.  Since we're having such a small wedding, we're skipping the "reception" and just having dinner inside the restaurant on the property.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Nice idea!

Depending on your locations Tiffany's East is also kind of small.
    http://MDPartyPlanner.com MDPartyPlanner@Yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

We are using the Crofton Country Club for the ceremony and brunch - our target is 40-50 guests.

They are great, and the prices are very good.

A friend was married at the Elkridge Furnace Inn.

Congratulations!
    Rebecca
  • edited December 2011
    There are some wonderful places for small wedding in the Ocean City area.  You might want to consider one of the following ~
    Stowaway Grand Hotel - Ocean City
    an City
    each Club - Ocean City
    acht Club - Ocean Pines

We are having a small wedding about 50 people and we ended up with the Grand Terrace Restaurant which is part of the Stowaway Grand Hotel

Good Luck!!! Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards