Maryland

Alterations- any recs?

Hi Brides!
I got married a million years ago, but I'm looking for someplace to have a bridesmaids dress altered- does anyone have any recs? I live in Catonsville, so I'd love someone there or in elkridge/columbia/ellicott city area, but I'll travel a bit more if it's someone good and inexpensive. (I am not a fan of this dress, so I really don't want to spend a ton!)
thanks in advance.
Laura

Re: Alterations- any recs?

• edited December 2011
    I do not know your area very well, but if you are not to far from Salisbury, MD there is a shop there - Best Alterations on Rt 13 South that did a FABULOUS job on my dress.  I was suppose to get married last summer, but postponed and then my dress didn't fit by about an inch - since I sew I knew what needed to be done, but no one wanted to do it.  She torn out the zipper and replaced it with a corset - - the dress is now one of a kind and fits better than the original!!!! 
    Cool
  • Teri&PozTeri&Poz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Isabel Donnelly in Elkridge/Columbia area - she did my wedding dress, was very reasonably priced & did a FAB job!!
    Reviews on wedding wire are 5*
    tPoz Photography - www.tpozphoto.com
    May 5, 2007 **MARRIED**
  • edited December 2011
    I had a really good experience with my bridal shop, Betsey Robinson's in Pikesville (so just up 695 from where you are).  I have had consistently excellent customer service from them and their prices were surprisingly low, I thought.  I don't know their policy on altering items from other stores, but it can't hurt to ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards