Maryland

Baltimore Bride- Just Married!- Items For Sale & $ Saving Tips

After a year long engagement- we finally crossed the first finish line of our lives! Thank you baby Jesus! My entire wedding came in under $7000 and I realized a lot throgh the entire process that I feel the need to share.

Caterer- Angel's Grocery (They have an AWESOME catering business within the grocery store, very reasonable, and they do the alcohol too)

DJ- Kenneth White (he made my wedding- you can find him on Facebook. Hard to get in touch with, but he's worth it @ $100/hr)

Rentals- Bay Country Rentals (Basic baquet tables and chairs, yellow & white canopies, and they had huge fans we rented too to dry the ground from the week of rain we had leading up to my big day)

Photo Booth- Partybooths.com (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!!! When I went to the Baltimore Bridal convention- I had already booked this company based on a friends recommendation, but my god were they amazing and the best there! Myguests had a frickin BLAST and PB even tailored the package I chose to my liking)

Flushable Potties w/sink- Boby's Potty's

Cake- Made by Karen Schwartz (A friend's sister-in-law who makes cakes out of her home. By far the most DELICIOUS and AMAZING looking cake I've ever seen! I've never had a wedding cake so fresh!)

Cake Topper- Etsy

Hair Pieces- Rae Beth Dsigns (can also be found on Etsy)

Bouquets- Made them myself

Garter & Ring Bearing Pillow- Made by Flamingo Cupcakes (found on Etsy)

My wedding was a backyard extravaganza! We strung Christmas lights in white and blue, has Natty Boh bottles and beer cans filled with white roses for the centerpieces, and each table was a landmark in Baltimore. Truely was AMAZING! All my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to- and we didn't spend a fortune to do so. It was 100% a reflection of US- which is the most important. I have some stuff left over too if anyone wants to buy it- go to my wedding website and click on "Items For Sale". It's about how much fun you have- not about how much money you spend. Some pictures of our amazing day are also there- more to come!!!

Good luck to all you other Baltimore brides out there! It can be a hassel but make it fun and most importantly- make it a reflection of YOU

Re: Baltimore Bride- Just Married!- Items For Sale & $ Saving Tips

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the info!  Does your cake lady do fondant?  Many "on the side" bakers like to use buttercream but I am worried about it for our outdoor wedding.  I have a close friend making cupcakes to help out but we want a simple round cake in fondant to cut into.

June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for posting this, I'm getting married in December of Next year and my fiance and I are also on somewhat of a budget. It's awesome to know of someone who has actually used various vendors and things have turned out well! Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes she does do fondant! She did the grooms cake in fondant and it was great. $100 for the groomscake and $550 for hte wedding cake (Those cookies were what drove the price up)
    Honestly- not being stuck up or anything- BEST WEDDING CAKE EVER! I have many of my guests complimenting on how fresh it was and how amazing it was.
    Her name is Karen Schwartz and her email is chadcad@hotmail.com
    She can give you a link to her Flikr page where you can see her work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards