Maryland
Options

groom's cake? other deserts besides cake?

Hi all,
Wondering thoughts on groom's cake and how much I should expect to pay on a grooms cake? I want to offer something else other than just my wedding cake?

Re: groom's cake? other deserts besides cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a Groom's cake. If you are not doing any other dessert table besides the wedding cake, then I think this would be a great way to add a little variety. The price of the cake will depend on how big/detailed you want it to be. I am getting mariied in Philly, so my pricing might be slightly different, but for a 1/2 basketball sphere with a logo (3D cake) that feeds about 40 people, I'm paying $100. We are doing the Groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner instead of the wedding so it doesn't need to be that big. Other options would be to have a Viennese dessert table, or a chocolate fountain, or a candy buffett.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JennigoesUSAJennigoesUSA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe you could do a chocolate fountain in addition to cake?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are skippikg cake alltogether, so i can't help there. If you want alternatives to a groom's cake, have you thought about doing cookies, donuts, petit fours, pies, fruit tarts, or an ice cream bar? There are so many non-cake options to explore, if you want to.
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also skipping the cake (I'm just not a fan of wedding cake), and having a dessert buffet.  We'll have a small chocolate lava cake for us to cut (to appease my mother), but then brownies, blondies, choc mousse, tres leche, peach cobbler and some freshly made cookies (with milk shooters!).  I hope that will be enough for anyone missing out on the traditional cake.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards