Maryland
Options

XP: In search of a good seamstress

Hi ladies,

I am on the hunt for a good seamstress in the Baltimore area (I am in Ellicott City) and/or some information. I currently have an alterations appt at David's Bridal in Glen Burnie, which is where I bought my dress, but I've recently heard a couple of stories that made me nervous. Does anyone have any experience with them, good or bad? 

Or, does anyone know of a great seamstress in the Baltimore/Columbia/Annapolis area they could recommend? My dress doesn't need to be taken in much, but I am having a corset back put in and I need an over bustle as well. Not sure how difficult either of these things are to do, but I'm assuming anyone who works with wedding dresses can do it? 

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Re: XP: In search of a good seamstress

• Options

I got my dress from David's and was worried about the stories I heard too, so I took mine to Isabel Donnelly in Ellicott City.  If you google her you'll see a lot of good reviews.  I had my first fitting and go back on 3/10 for my second.  She's a bit on the pricey side but she's really nice, knows what she's doing, and I have a few friends who have gone to her and loved her.  I don't know how far in advance she books up, but it's worth a shot. 

• Options
    David's did say that it wouldn't be difficult putting one in my dress, I asked before purchasing it, although I'd be welcome to a second opinion. I don't think the bustle will be too difficult though.

Thanks for the info ivelinda! I will check her out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards